Beginner Question: no cards are showing up in custom plugin?

Started by TheOutsider, March 01, 2019, 03:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOutsider

I've been making my own plugin of my own CG and from following the tutorial on the main site, I would've imagined everything was working. When loading the plugin and going to the deck editor, there are no cards. Is there anything I may be missing or any steps you'd recommend I backtrack to first? Whenever I use the plugin I also get "TIFFReadDirectory Warning" pop ups saying "Unknown field tag *numbers* (0xc660) encountered" Though I'm still unsure what those may be referring to. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

xdarkgeox

are you trying to load the images from a site or internally? If you provide a link to the plugin you have now I can help you on what you trying to accomplish

CrazyChucky

It would be one thing if the images don't load, but if you don't even see them listed in the deck editor, then it's probably a problem with your card data files, what they're titled, or where they're located.

As for why you'd be getting an error about reading a TIFF image, I have no idea. I didn't think Lackey even used any of those. I wonder if the two are related.

TheOutsider

To answer some questions:
-All the cards images are on my PC
-All the images are .tif since I was making them in autodesk sketchbook and I didn't figure that'd make a difference what kind of image file it was,
if this is a problem do please let me know
It also says in the plugin menu when I click download missing card images it specifically says "all 0 known cards" and said the plugin doesn't specify where to download card images. With that in mind I'm currently looking through the data files to find where a problem might be and backtracking the tutorials on the website to try and fix these problems. Any continued help or recommendations is still awfully appreciated

CrazyChucky

While it's possible you have other problems, that's definitely one. All card images have to be JPEGs, with file extension ".jpg".

If you've not seen it, here are the instructions for making a plugin: http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html

CrazyChucky

Oh, my mistake, it looks like other formats are supported if you include the file extension. The way Lackey automatically assumes JPEG if you don't supply one led me to forget that. Still, it's possible (even likely) it doesn't support TIFF. I would suggest trying JPEG or PNG (or even GIF): something designed for compression and web usage.