Plugin help needed Clone card from deck to hand?

Started by dragon, March 13, 2019, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Alright, so one of my friends is making a card game where the feature of cloning a card from deck to the hand (without the opponent seeing it) would be helpful, because the way the game works is that you can infinitely draw cards from your deck. In this manner I made it so they can see the deck and just randomly roll dice to decide which card to draw, operating  on a trust system. Any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading this!

CrazyChucky

I'm not sure there's a particularly clean way to implement this in Lackey. Unfortunately, the clone function only works on the table. On the other hand, face-down cards, when cloned, spawn face-down versions of themselves. If the decks are small enough, you could put all the cards from them face-down on the table, clone them from there, and drag the clone to your hand.

It's possible to specify starting points on the table for cards. I've not messed with it myself, but it's used by the chess plugin, for instance. I would think you'd be able to set it to start with the decks laid out in some fashion at game start.