Naruto CCG: new update list addresses (new host)

Started by takeshertime, September 17, 2011, 04:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeshertime

I finally switched to a free host, so now the update links for the plugin are different. I sent a message to Trevor, therefore they should be updated in the native plugin list in Lackey when he gets a chance.

Until then, everything should work. I JUST finished uploading everything. The only file types that wouldn't upload are .dek files, which means none of the starter decks I offered can be downloaded anymore.

High: http://takeshertime.5gbfree.com/narutoccg/Naruto/high/updatelist.txt
Medium: http://takeshertime.5gbfree.com/narutoccg/Naruto/medium/updatelist.txt
*Note: the directory "Naruto" MUST have a capital N, not lower case, in order to work properly*

Message me if there are any issues :)

Ryu12190

r0cknes

Can't you just change the .dek files to .txt files. As far as Lackey is concerned I believe they are treated the same. .txt files should be able to be uploaded to free hosting sites.

takeshertime

So, it seems that all of my files were deleted from their servers. That's fun.

I have backups somewhere on my old computer and will edit this post when I have them uploaded to some sort of download site, like MediaFire. This is ridiculous, I have no clue what happened, but I'm going to try to find another host and upload all of my files there. Again. After I'm sure my files won't be sucked into a black hole, lost forever, I'll finish the new plugin (sorry about the delay!).

Thanks for the heads up Ryu, I don't check the online components of the plugin until I'm sure it works offline.

r0cknes, looks as if we may not have this issue very soon ;)

Edit: Can anyone suggest a good host for these files? I need 4GB (and eventually more) file space for all of the files, and can't find any hosts that offer this size of storage that meets the following criteria:
A. isn't premium, B. doesn't deleting files after 30 days, C. allowing predominantly file storage not associated with a specific website, or D. that will use direct linking (as in, doesn't take you to a webpage to download the file in question). All that with 4+ GB of storage. Or, I could always make two accounts, one for the medium plugin and one for the high, but I think the high might soon exceed 2GB...

I'm also concerned that the hosting service I was using deleted my content due to copyright issues, since I know that's a hot topic right now... Many hosts have an issue with this, especially if they fulfill all of the above criteria.

Any advice?

Ryu12190

4shared gives u 10 GB for free \u can also get 5 extra GB by verifying ure email

spchawk237

Hey idk if Im doing this wrong but its not working I keep getting an error

Trevor

Quote from: r0cknes on January 12, 2012, 08:01:54 PM
Can't you just change the .dek files to .txt files. As far as Lackey is concerned I believe they are treated the same. .txt files should be able to be uploaded to free hosting sites.
Lackey can open either, but they are a different format. .txt deck files ONLY save quantity and card name. So if a CCG has reprints, you don't know which version will be selected. .dek files do save all information, including notes and stuff you make about the deck.