News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MtG: War of the Spark

Started by CrazyChucky, April 13, 2019, 09:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

The set isn't fully spoiled yet, but what's out so far is now in the plugin. Happy brewing!

CrazyChucky

The rest of War of the Spark is updated, including the "one planeswalker in every pack" rule.

Other additions:

• Scripts added for Monstrosity and Augment
  • Permanents that ETB tapped with counters now correctly get their counters.
  • Permanents that ETB only conditionally with counters (e.g. Morbid) don't automatically have them.
  • Instants and sorceries that only conditionally make tokens now have a clickable script, instead of making them automatically.

turtlelemon

Just want to say thanks for making this! My roommate and I are enjoying digging thru it. If anything, it's like too much lol, since we're relatively inexperienced. But its been quite fun discovering things!

Now, one teensy tiny insignificant 'complaint.' There's one card from a super old set called Legends called Ragnar where the image doesn't seem to download properly. When it didn't work for me, I had them test it, and same. It's not important at all obvi, but I thought I'd let you know.

CrazyChucky

Glad you're enjoying it, and good catch! I always appreciate being told of bugs.

The full image should be there now. You'll have to delete the existing one on your computer, at [Lackey Folder]/plugins/magic/sets/setimages/legends/leg/250.jpg (or the folder(s) containing it) and relaunch Lackey, and it should download the correct one.

CrazyChucky

Oh! And for future reference, if for whatever reason you can't read the text in a card image, holding ~ mousing over it will display all the text data itself.

Johnny Blaze

CrazyChucky

The set is listed as "war", which is the official set code used by Wizards. I always use the official set code for new sets (assuming they have them?sometimes promotional or special cards are weird). Here's a handy reference for set codes: https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Template:List_of_Magic_sets

The only sets with nonstandard names in Lackey are older ones that I maintain for backwards compatibility; if I standardized them, all the cards in people's saved decks would disappear.

Thank you, though?you helped me notice I didn't add War of the Spark to the Standard format. That should now be fixed.

Johnny Blaze

war of the spark isnt working

CrazyChucky

Could you be more specific, please? It seems to work fine for me, so I don't know what you mean.

Johnny Blaze

meaning when i search for any card from the set its not there. like the plugin hasnt updated

CrazyChucky

Well... Has your plugin updated? You can go hit the update button just to make sure.

turtlelemon

Hey, I have another question. There's a reprint set call MP2 that in, in my opinion, is very ugly and overcomplicated. I'm not an art person really maybe they like it idk. But the problem for me is that sometimes when I have Ignore Doubles on, the one that shows up is the MP2. I know if I delete the images, they'll come back, but if I go into reprint sets, and delete all the MP2, will they stay deleted until I update I guess whenever you put out the Horizon thing, and also will deleting the MP2 data there cause other issues?

CrazyChucky

Ah yes, the Invocations. I'm not a fan either.

Interesting fact: with "Ignoring doubles" checked, Lackey doesn't show you the oldest print, or the newest print, it shows you the print from the set with the latest name, alphabetically. I wish there were some preference that could alter that behavior, even if it was just "Exclude these sets if there are other printings." Unfortunately there isn't.

I don't generally recommend changing the local copy of the plugin. This is only partly because it will get overwritten every time the plugin updates. There's another problem, though. I don't know how Lackey internally stores card IDs, but it's some strange system that changes every time the total card list changes. For instance, if I save a game, then update the plugin to a newer version with more cards, then load that saved game, all the cards will be replaced with seemingly random different cards. This means that if you delete the Invocations, but your friend doesn't, and you try to play a game with each other, each of your decks will look like completely different cards to the other person.

So... if you really want to, perhaps back up the file first, edit it for your card exploration and deck building, then restore to the backup before playing with other people?

turtlelemon

Well, as of now I only play with my roommate, and I'm sure I can convince them to make the edits as well, so I may or may not give it a go. But thanks for the warning about backing up and being cautious.

CrazyChucky

No problem. Best of luck, and happy spellslinging!