News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Having two different carddata.txt

Started by clutchonline, August 27, 2019, 04:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clutchonline

I'm working on the plugin for a baseball game. Thus, there are both batters and pitchers in the game. Each type of player has something like 10-15 stats, so trying to combine pitchers and batters would make something like a 25-column long stats, with a large portion of them unused for one type or the other.

Is there a way to make a seperate card-data file for batters, and for pitchers? Or is it possible to change what each stat is, so I can have them overlap in the same 12 columns or so?

xdarkgeox

yes you can have mutiple card data filed just name it carddata1 and carddata2. however the colums have to be exactly the same you cant have alterations of colums in the new carddata files. You should try to limit your plugin to like 10 colums max, you should have clear pictures so that all stats should be readable. Nobody wants to stare at a big blob overlay especially when trying to test the game out.

CrazyChucky

Please bear with me, because I know nothing about baseball or what the actual stats are. But I imagine if you really wanted to cut down on columns, you could do something like:

Name | Role | Stat 1 | Stat 2
Pitcher 1 | Pitcher | Pitchstat1: 7.6 | Pitchstat2: 8.5
Batter 1 | Batter | Batstat1: 5.4 | Batstat2: 6.5

It involves a lot of repetition, but if you're generating your list from some kind of spreadsheet or database, that could be automated.