News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Adding to an additional plugin

Started by urawizard, November 21, 2019, 11:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urawizard

Hello,
I've been using Lackey for a while now to play the Harry Potter TCG. I'm apart of the HPTCG community and we are starting to create fan made sets/cards.

My question is; is there an easy way to add newly created cards to an existing plugin? Is there an owner of the existing plugin found below?

https://sites.google.com/site/pottertradingcardgame/home/high/updatelist.txt?attredirects=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CrazyChucky

The short answer is "Pretty much, yes." If you add new cards to carddata.txt (in the same format as those already listed, tab-separated), they'll be available when you load the plugin.

If no images are available, Lackey will just display text. If you've made custom images, you can add an extra line to CardGeneralURLs telling where to look for them. (Lackey will try each of the general URLs, in order, until it finds a suitable file to download.)

If you want to share this new, expanded version of the plugin with others (and can't find the original maintainer or they don't want to add custom cards), you could copy the whole thing and make your own version. You'd want to give it a new name (changing "harrypotter" to something like, I dunno, "harrypotterextra"). You might also then consider defining one or more formats, such as "official" and "custom". Users could then select which they want to see in the deck editor; it automatically provides the option of "Any", which includes all cards defined in the plugin.

Note: I think the "setlist.txt" file in that plugin might be for some deprecated version of defining formats? I've never seen a file like it before, and it's not covered in the current documentation.