HOW TO Custom Card Sleeves & custom Playmat on LackeyCCG?? HELP ME!

Started by mikuzo3, November 18, 2019, 09:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikuzo3

Hello everyone and welcome to this post of mine.
Now, before I start telling you what this is all about, I am sorry if what I am about to say it has been already answered somewhere, but I didnt find what I am looking for as an answer, so please bear with me.
Ok now, what is this post about?
It is simple, I would like to know how to actually use customized card sleeves and playmats into any Plugins.
Is there any way to implement them?
I already know that there are ways to change the background of a plugin's game, however, I dont know if there is any way or method to use something like a playmat (that I could make on Photoshop) and IF my opponent would see it and do the same.
You see, I am not very familiar with this subject, so please, could somebody explain this like Im 5yo ?
I have a community around a Japanese TCG which I am the main Admin, Founder, Designer of our Database and Developer of new content as well.
So this would be a HUGE help and would add more flavour into our games.
Thanks in advance to anyone who will pick this up and help me.
I am still not sure if this is the right section to ask this, so I am sorry if I am wrong!  <( ; ^ - ^)
So yeah....Let me know guys! THANK YOU!  :)
PS: If something I said isnt very clear, do not hesitate to ask me! I would be more than glad to explain it better. TY!

CrazyChucky

You can set your table background to anything you want; you can make your own in Photoshop if you like. However, it won't be visible to your opponent. You can send your friend the image file (via email or similar) and they can also use it as their background. There is no way to have a separate playmat sit overtop only a portion of the table.

You can customize the card backs for any plugin by replacing LackeyCCG/plugins/[name-of-plugin]/cardback.jpg with a different image (of the same width and height). Only you will see this, not your opponents. It will also probably revert to the normal card back whenever the plugin updates.

mikuzo3

Quote from: CrazyChucky on November 20, 2019, 07:23:53 PM
You can set your table background to anything you want; you can make your own in Photoshop if you like. However, it won't be visible to your opponent. You can send your friend the image file (via email or similar) and they can also use it as their background. There is no way to have a separate playmat sit overtop only a portion of the table.

You can customize the card backs for any plugin by replacing LackeyCCG/plugins/[name-of-plugin]/cardback.jpg with a different image (of the same width and height). Only you will see this, not your opponents. It will also probably revert to the normal card back whenever the plugin updates.

Oh, I see...and thats unfortunate.
I would've loved to have something that could be seen by both players in real time.
Well, now I know how it works.
I would love to know more about this from Trevor's point of view, like if its something that can be implemented or it would be too difficult code-wise.
I dont know how to contact him, if anyone of you could show him this post it would be amazing! Pretty please?  ;D
Anyway, thank you for your explanation and yeah, its definitely something not so difficult to do, however, its just very disappointing that we do not have something that can be seen from both players. It would've been awesome.

CrazyChucky

Trevor hasn't updated Lackey in four or five years now. He pays attention to the Facebook group, if you want to ask him about it there.

mikuzo3

Quote from: CrazyChucky on November 21, 2019, 08:50:33 AM
Trevor hasn't updated Lackey in four or five years now. He pays attention to the Facebook group, if you want to ask him about it there.

hmm...this is interesting. I didnt know there was a FB group.
Thank you!!  ;)