News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MTG How do I manually create tokens?

Started by Tesagk, May 01, 2020, 02:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tesagk

I mean other than the blank cards that can be made. Given that the plugin often makes tokens for most cards it means that the tokens themselves are located somewhere but I can't seem to find a way to access them so that I can manually display tokens that don't generate.

Quickest example I can come up with is Steward of Solidarity since I can't find a way to exert through the script. But other examples would be custom made cards imported from, say, MSE Set editor.

CrazyChucky

For future reference, plugin-specific questions should go in the Plugins forum section.

First of all, Steward of Solidarity has a right-click script to generate its warrior tokens. Lackey doesn't care if a creature is exerted, tapped, or anything else; you should always be able to select any token script it has. If the Steward's script isn't functioning for some reason, or if you spot any other cards lacking scripts for their tokens, please let me know.

(Lackey doesn't give me a way to enable a specific "Doesn't untap next turn" function for exerting. But if you right-click on any card, no matter what it is, there is a "Doesn't untap" action. Select that, and the card will display a small red rectangle and not respond to the "Untap all" button. I suggest using this for exerting, and selecting it again after your next untap step to return the creature to normal.)

All that said, yes, you can also access a list of all available tokens. It's hidden by default. Click the '+' in the upper right hand corner:

This will open a pane containing three tabs, the middle of which is a list of tokens.

Double-click on any token name (or drag it to the table) to create it. There's even a quantity selector at the bottom, if you want to make more than one at a time.

Tesagk

👍 thanks. I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post it.