News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Error: Timed Out While Updating the Plugin

Started by Valcien, December 27, 2009, 11:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valcien

This is what I get when I try to autoupdate -> update from url:

Updating plugin from URL: http://thelo.ca/yomijpg/plugin/mq/updatelist.txt...
Error: timed out while updating the plugin.

I also get this when I try to Update Plugin List From Url.

This happens with all plugins I have tried.

How do I fix this?

Op: Windows XP

Lackey: 10-14-09

Thanks!

Valcien

FYI, I can't host Starcraft or Warcraft 3 games, because of some problem involving forwarding ports and static ip.  Might be relevant, I don't know.

aardvark

Could be. I know that I had to set up a static ip and port forwarding when I first started playing games online.

Once you get that taken care of you should be fine. Assuming that's all it was anyways.

This may be of some use. At least to get you going in the right direction if you need any help.

Alastair

It appears to be working just fine. Your ability to host games should not affect your ability to update a plugin. Try it again, it might have been down at the time you posted.

Valcien

Curious. Internet Explorer doesn't work, but Firefox does.  I can't read the Steam news, but I can join games just fine. I can't change my desktop.  Must be a virus, but none of my programs are catching it.

Lvzb3l

Im trying to download mtg plugin and this error appears "Error: timed out while updating the plugin."
That only happens with magic plugin cause I can download all other plugin without any error. Cansomeone help please, thank you in advance.

Trevor

http://thelo.ca/yomijpg/plugin/mq/updatelist.txt is a broken link for me. This doesn't appear to be a lackey bug, but rather an issue with the host.

Stormsong

I've just downloaded LackeyCCG; the installation seemed to work fine, I didn't receive any errors when extracting the files or anything, but when I go into the preferences tab (even my first time opening the application) and the automatic updates are enabled, it immediately shows an error message stating that the program timed out while updating the plugins. I haven't installed any plugins that didn't already come in the program and when I've attempted to install them through the URL, the same error appears.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program a number of times now and scoured the forums for help, but I can't seem to find anything specific enough to help me understand what exactly might have happened during installation.
I'm currently running the 4-11-12 Patch on a Windows 7 OS.

Captain.Kaulu

I'm getting "Error: connection timed out while updating the plugin" when I try to install the links on the Pokemon Plugin page. Is it supposed to still be working?

Snoops

Pokemon plugin should be working just fine. Source: I host it and just tested it

AuraDragon

Quote from: Captain.Kaulu on March 17, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
I'm getting "Error: connection timed out while updating the plugin" when I try to install the links on the Pokemon Plugin page. Is it supposed to still be working?

Are you using the old plugin link or the new one located here:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73204375/pokemon/high/updatelist.txt ?

Captain.Kaulu

The new one. And it's still having the problem this morning, on a more reliable wifi network.

Snoops

Quote from: Captain.Kaulu on March 18, 2015, 12:44:29 PM
The new one. And it's still having the problem this morning, on a more reliable wifi network.

That's weird. I'm thinking it's a problem your end though as I deleted the plugin and installed it from scratch; I also asked 2 friends that don't use Lackey to install it and they both said it's downloading fine :/

Captain.Kaulu

Got it working -- the problem was indeed on my end. Sorry for your trouble!

Snoops

Quote from: Captain.Kaulu on March 18, 2015, 04:34:22 PM
Got it working -- the problem was indeed on my end. Sorry for your trouble!

Good to hear, and no worries :)