News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Creating a "Player Card"

Started by Tigt, September 25, 2011, 01:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigt

Hello! Thank you for reading this.

I am creating a plugin to go along with a friend's original game, and one crucial part of the design is starting with "player cards," which define things like player life, attacks, and abilities (see the Penny Arcade Game or Magic: Vanguard for similar examples). I'd like to have the game start with those cards on the battlefield, and was attempting to have them loaded from a PlayerCard deckzone directly onto the table.

My question is, does the table have a name as a gamezone that I can just load the PlayerCard to, or do I have to define an initial game setup?

Saethori

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to have cards start on the table is to use a 'base save' for the game... which locks in the actual cards used and don't offer the option to pull from a given zone.

I suggest just simply have that PlayerCard Zone you mentioned, load a single card to it while deckbuilding, and just drag it into play at the beginning of each game. (If, for some reason, having it revealed to all players in the zone itself isn't sufficient.)

Tigt

I was going to resort to that, but surely LackeyCCG calls the table something, doesn't it?

Trevor

You can either use start.txt or have a zone for card. The latter is probably what you want. The reason I don't let people automatically move cards when they load a deck is because it can interfere with other things. Like say one person wants to clear the table from the old game's cards but you had already loaded your deck. If you had loaded a card to the table, it would be cleared.

In any case, dragging a card from a zone tab to the table and dropping exactly where you want it is not difficult.

If you really want, you can also make a button to move the card to the table, but that really isn't worth it.