News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Cursor Difficulties

Started by Tigt, September 25, 2011, 04:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigt

Whenever I click on the playing field, where my mouse is pointing and where LackeyCCG thinks it's at are two different things. The cursor is always lower and further to the right than the part where lackey thinks it is. However, when dragging, the assumed position and the real position start nearing each other, about meeting each other at the edge of the screen. Have I calibrated something wrong, or put in the wrong resolution data, or something?

Trevor

I'm not exactly sure what causes this. Try moving your entire lackey window. That may reset things. Also, try restarting Lackey.

Tigt

Restarting doesn't seem to fix it; it's been a problem every time I've used the program. Fiddling around with the window size doesn't change the results either. It seems that the program keeps perfect track of the cursor around the edge of the playing field, but as it nears the center it veers off course more and more. If it started from one corner and warped from there, I'd understand, but this is baffling me.

Trevor

Quote from: Tigt on September 25, 2011, 08:49:18 PM
Restarting doesn't seem to fix it; it's been a problem every time I've used the program. Fiddling around with the window size doesn't change the results either. It seems that the program keeps perfect track of the cursor around the edge of the playing field, but as it nears the center it veers off course more and more. If it started from one corner and warped from there, I'd understand, but this is baffling me.
Can you show a screenshot? Is the table tilted? Is this only an issue over the table or over anything?

Tigt

Yes sir, screenshot here for size: http://i.imgur.com/9tWee.jpg

For reference, my cursor is at the center of the blue cross at the moment of that screenshot. It only affects the playing area; I can click on the buttons and fields everywhere else like a pro. This problem persists across plugins as well, so it can't be that, can it?

EDIT: After some more experimentation, this is not a problem when I am just hovering over the cards and selecting them that way. It does screw up when placing markers, however, whether it is just the four wedges or an arrow.

Trevor

Quote from: Tigt on September 26, 2011, 04:03:26 PM
Yes sir, screenshot here for size: http://i.imgur.com/9tWee.jpg

For reference, my cursor is at the center of the blue cross at the moment of that screenshot. It only affects the playing area; I can click on the buttons and fields everywhere else like a pro. This problem persists across plugins as well, so it can't be that, can it?

EDIT: After some more experimentation, this is not a problem when I am just hovering over the cards and selecting them that way. It does screw up when placing markers, however, whether it is just the four wedges or an arrow.
So a flat table makes things work fine? Try relaunching with a flat table. Maybe it will work after that. If it still doesn't work with a tilted table, well, at least you can use a flat table.
I think I know what causes this and you might need to update your drivers, such as opengl and others.

Tigt

It does indeed appear to work fine on a flat table. I'll reinstall my drivers anyway.

Thank you for the help!

EDIT: Consarn it, Intel is not making updating my drivers easy.