News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Request: Rulebook Button

Started by Ascent, September 30, 2011, 04:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picks-at-Flies

If it has a checksum, Lackey should update it.

Ascent

Oh, okay. I never have understood checksums. At least now I know how to generate them, and thanks to you, what they're for.

Trevor

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on October 04, 2011, 05:46:42 PM
Out of curiosity, could you set RULEBOOKFILE to be a URL?
Yes. Instead of a path to a rulebook file in your plugin's folder, you can put a URL.

/file doesn't need that function since just saying a URL in the game chat will make that URL clickable.

Ascent

I thought you said you couldn't link directly to the URL with the /rule command. I guess I misunderstood.

innuendo

so if have my plugin info set RULEBOOKFILE to "http://www.domain.com/rules" it will launch a web browser when i type "/rules"?

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on October 04, 2011, 08:14:13 PM
so if have my plugin info set RULEBOOKFILE to "http://www.domain.com/rules" it will launch a web browser when i type "/rules"?
Yes.

Ascent

That's cool.

Though I like it going into the plugin so that it's always in the same place.

Now I remember, you said it wouldn't download it to the plubin folder by using the /rule command. My bad.

Trevor

Quote from: Ascent on October 04, 2011, 09:09:02 PM
That's cool.

Though I like it going into the plugin so that it's always in the same place.

Now I remember, you said it wouldn't download it to the plubin folder by using the /rule command. My bad.
What I said was clicking on your friend's linked rulebook wouldn't download that to you if you didn't already have it. But if they have a rulebook.pdf, you should also if the plugin maker didn't do something dumb.

Ascent

Ahhh.

I'm allergic to rereading long post.  :P

fr0sch

Sorry that I dig out this thing.
I just included a rulebook.pdf for my plugin, but it doesn't work.
Typing "/rules" or "/rulebook" in the command returns the message "SecretCaveman looks at the rulebook. (plugins/EUDS/rulebook.pdf)", but the .pdf won't open.
The pdf is at the right place (the one mentioned in the message) and if I open it manually it opens up just fine. Is there anything I have to change in the plugininfo.txt or anything?

Trevor

You computer may have some sort of "security" system in place that prevents Lackey from opening a file. "/rules" should open it, or you can also try clicking the link that appears in the log.

In any case, this isn't a huge problem because you can always just open the rulebook in your operating system.