News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Price info

Started by ethanvampirehntr, October 01, 2011, 01:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanvampirehntr

Hey so I love LackeyCCG and I love Magic The Gathering... especially since LackeyCCG is kinda more free then MTG. all the same though, I try to keep my decks on the more balanced side, by only having a couple of rare or 'expensive' cards (although, some rare cards are worth cents, and others are worth way, way more). anyway, I was wondering about an extra tab/ description in MTG (or other games for that matter) that list each cards' price, as well as a way to see the total price of a complete deck... the only problem with this is prices change, and to find a website that lists the current price for every cards is hard to say the least. so what are some thoughts about this?

ethanvampirehntr

forgot to mention, I also had the idea of having a players "total gold"... where if you won certain matches, then maybe the opponent deck price goes into your total gold (allowing u to ... buy more decks/cards...?). later thinking about this, probably NOT the BEST idea (in fact maybe a really poor idea)... it would just work out for me/ people like me, who play with a small group of people locally or something like that. (i usually don't play lackeyCCG with people that I don't know... but I should start, i think)... a bad idea, probably; but an idea all the same.

Ascent

It's never going to happen. Besides the fact that it's an unimportant column for a plugin, which is going to be ignored by those putting it together because it doesn't contribute to enhancing the game, the resources required would be tremendous for something that does nobody but offline players any good. What you really need is a M:tG card database that someone keeps updated. Likely even then it's going to be someone obsessed with buying and selling or someone making money buying and selling.

Himalayas

Just an idea, but I saw a feature on lackey that allows you to open virtual card packs and they give you like 11 cards or whatever the number is. Could you get together with a buddy and agree "okay we open
  • amount of packs and have
  • amount of time to make the best decks we can with the cards we were given"?

ethanvampirehntr

^ I've actually tried doing that. It doesn't work out quite as well as one would think... because u need to filter through colors (unless ur gonna have 5 color decks). and then some packs have 1 or 2 black cards... while others have like 9 or 10.

Cyrus

...and that is the basis of sealed play, not having all of the cards at your disposal.

I can see why you/others might want those features, but alas, they probably won't be added to lackey for reasons already mentioned.

Also, this is totally not the right forum for this at all, but that seems to happen all the time, so... no worries

snowyy

Yeah, just play either sealed or draft. Or play Magic the gathering online. If you want to play against 'casual'decks, it's only $10.