News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Stretch to Alotted Space Foible

Started by Ascent, October 03, 2011, 10:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ascent

I can't call it a bug or "error", because I understand the mechanics of it.

When choosing the "Make card viewer stretch to alotted space?", it only affects the tall cards, not the wide cards. Is there any way to make the wide cards take on the same dimensions as the tall cards? For example, if the tall cards are "stretched" (read "reduced") to say 325 px tall, the wide cards would therefore "stretch" to 325 px wide, and the same with the other dimensions.

This would almost be ideal.

Though ideal would be if the card maintains it's precise dimensions when "stretching" (read: resizing).

Trevor

I think the bigger issue is you shouldn't need to stretch images at all. Maybe there is a problem with the plugin, or you are using the wrong version of it?

Ascent

I selected it. Whether I need to or not is irrelevant. I want to. It's not defaulted to selected in the plugin, but if no one "needs" to do it, why is it in Lackey? I want to resize my images, and the stretch option is the only option for doing so.

I'm using the 10-01-11 version and the option is in Preferences>Appearance. I selected it and it's letting me stretch it. It's nothing I'm doing that suddenly makes it appear in my Appearance tab and its not my plugin that's somehow permitting it. The option is there. I'm just suggesting how the option would work best: that all cards distort equally, despite sideways orientation, and that resizing all the images with the same relative dimensions without distorting them is best all around.

Trevor

I suppose I can have it work so that it "fits" the card so that it fits in the area you allot to it, and preserve the aspect ratio.

Ascent

Ascent

It would probably work best on a percentage ratio, that way all the cards resize equally regardless of orientation, though the wide cards still need to float over the edge so that only the tall cards induce the resize.