News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

I Have Made The Rulebook!!!

Started by yudencow, October 05, 2011, 10:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yudencow

Hi, I followed Cyrus's advice and created the rulebook.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/67608745/Rulebook-Edition-Zero

please comment and tell me what to keep, change and remove.

Himalayas

I like the diagrams, they are very clear and concise. I would like to constructively criticize you a little bit though, you use words to describe victory conditions like "basically" this implies to me there are other methods to win the game that I am not aware of. I would be very clear what it takes to win the game in the rules. I was not able to finish all the rules due to time constraint unfortunately, but I just wanted to leave you some notes to look at. Looks like a good starting point so far and keep up the good work! :)

yudencow

Thank you Himalayas.

It is listed there in the victory condition that the Frame card may add a victory condition that usually overrides the existing ones.

For Example: the Frame Card has added a victory condition "Capture the Flag": Players must invade into the enemy playmat to take the flag (located at each player in closest right corner) and take it to their pedestal (same place as the flag). A card can't move more than one space with it. They can't change spaces in the formation step in the Set Phase with it. First player to collect 3 enemy Flags wins (if in multyplayer, you may capture flags of several players). Basic Victory Conditions are Overidden.

I will make it more clear, and be more thorough on the Frame card, and add a new chapter about the unique victory condition Ark Age.

Please tell me what you think once you finish reading it. Your constructive sriticism is really constructing.

Himalayas

Ok I've finished reading it, and I thought it a very good start. Your concept is definitely unique and interesting. I like a lot of your ideas of game play as well. After reading it I felt it was a little choppy and uncoordinated; but on the upside to that it conveyed your rules very clearly. I think before you continue with rules you should create a few example cards so readers of the rules can get a picture of the different types of cards and how they will interact with each other. This is all just my personal opinion/preference/and ideas. I hope other forum members will comment as well to help you. Great start and I can't wait to see the next step!

Himalayas

yudencow

Thanks. I'll get on making some tamplates. My next project is to give each faction a personality using the keywords so hopefully i could realeas V0.1 soon with a few other surprises.