News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

[75% SOLVED] - Problem with 2 Sided Cards?

Started by Jynks, October 11, 2011, 08:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

Hi there

I am doing some play testing on a homebrew game, and it requires 2 sided cards. The problem I have is this.... in the "image" column of the sets.txt file I have the file name "22a,22b" for example. This links to the two sides of the card, and the weird ting is that it works perfectly.... sort of.

The two sided cards seam to work correctly... I'll try to explain this and have it make sense :)

1) NO matter who puts out the card, or witch side of the card is face up... on the TABLE both players see the correct image for the reverse side. (22b)
2) BUT, in the card pop up on the left where you see the zoomed version, only the player that OWNS the card, as in it came from a zone originally from his/her deck) sees the reverse image.

Dose that make sense...

So when the card is on the table, in teh main view were you see the table and all the card both players can see the correct image for the reverse side, but on mouse over, the player that didn't originally draw the card from a zone form their own deck sees in the pop up the standard default card back instead of the 22b reverse card image that they see on the table. I have tested this with both players even having the exact same deck loaded.

Any ideas?

Trevor

Different card games handle this sort of thing differently, and there are ways the plugin maker can tell Lackey to handle things (if the plugin maker doesn't like the default way).

BACKVISIBILITYSHOWFACES,
BACKVISIBILITYHIDEBACKINZONES,
BACKVISIBILITYHIDEBACKSPECIFICSINZONES,
BACKVISIBILITYSHIFTONTABLESHOWSYOURFACEDOWN,

BACKVISIBILITYSHOWFACES is the default.

Also, note that, assuming you have permission to view both faces of a card, you should be able to see the alternate side of a 2-sided card by holding the shift key.

Jynks

Well the reverse side is only seen when it is "flipped" on the table.. much like the transform cards in mtg innastrad at the moment.

Can you please explain these options you listed?

Jynks

Yea I still can not work this out...

I'll try and say it again, maybe I am not being clear.. I "think" it is a bug....

• We have a two sided card
  • We place it on the table
  • both players can see the default face gfx of card (this is all standard)
  • Press CTRL+CLICK on card to flip it over and show back
  • both players can see the correct 2nd gfx for the flipped card (as in teh back of the card)
  • BUT, only one player can see the flipped back in the zoomed in preview on the left. The player that the card originally came from
I think that makes it clear.....

Any ideas on how to fix this (PS I am the plugin maker)

So the duel card back is working... but only on the table, not in the left hand preview.. there it is always showing the default card back image.

I am using this in the info file
<definition><kind>ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS</kind></definition>

Picks-at-Flies

Add this:
<kind>MULTIPLECARDBACKSNAMESVISIBLETO</kind><value>others</value>

Jynks

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on October 11, 2011, 12:24:35 PM
Add this:
<kind>MULTIPLECARDBACKSNAMESVISIBLETO</kind><value>others</value>

So just paste that at the end of the plugininfo.txt? As i did that and it had no effect?

Also tried
<definition><kind>MULTIPLECARDBACKSNAMESVISIBLETO</kind><value>others</value></definition>

Also tried appending it as this

<definition><kind>ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS</kind>
<kind>MULTIPLECARDBACKSNAMESVISIBLETO</kind><value>others</value></definition>

Anyideas.. it sounds like this is just a command to show the card NAMES... like the duel side is working just not on the preview on the left.

I'm downloading the MTG plugin now.. this must have been worked out for innastrad?

Jynks

Ok, looks like we are getting closer on this!!

These are the two commands....

<definition><kind>MULTIPLECARDBACKSNAMESVISIBLETO</kind><value>others</value></definition>

This is now working... sorta... well nearly 100%

What is happening now is that the cards are appearing correctly on the table but not in the game zones... this is now a minor irritation.. but maybe it can be fixed...

My game used 3 decks, a normal player deck, a event deck run by the game rules and a story deck
The player and event decks are basic one sided card with there own backs different to each other
The story deck cards are double sided.

I was originally just using

Now, when I am only using this command in the player zones (like player deck and event deck) the correct card backs are seen, but the double sided cards have the error I havce explained a few times already.

Then if I change the pluginfo.txt to

Now, the cards behave correctly on the table, this is much better and nealry 100% working.. but now for some reason when you look at the event deck in the game zone it has the original backs. So the unique back of the card is not showing in the game zone.. but if you place it on the table face down... the correct back is showing.. This is how MTG plugin works for innastrad, as if you make a deck with 100 Garruk Relentless, when you load the deck, if you look at the gamezone "library" it has teh default mtg card backs

Is there another command for this i do not know of? SO it works as it is now, but can it be set up so it also displays the correct back for teh given deck in teh gamezones?

PS - thanks for the help btw)

Picks-at-Flies

Hmm... Rage has a similar state of 2 decks with different backs and character cards which are double-sided but it appears that some time ago I removed all the alternative backs for one deck.  I don't think I could get them to work how I wanted and in the end it didn't matter that that sept deck had the same back as the combat deck since they were (almost) never face down while in play.  That does mean I can't help you much on your remaining problem.

And thanks for catching me on the lack of <definition> tag, I had clearly been in a hurry when I put that in the plugin.  Luckily I was planning to re-release it anyway :o