I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 10-12-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, October 12, 2011, 05:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I fixed a number of bugs. I think the proxy need tester should now work properly. Please test that and give me feedback. If you can host without proxy server, but it tells you you can't, let me know. If you can't host without proxy server, but it tells you you can, let me know. In either case, there is an error in the tester and I need to fix it. If there is an error in the tester, you can override the proxy need tester recommendation.

I made a proxy server tutorial button to help people who might be confused.
http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialproxyserver.html

I'll post more later.

Shadowmaster

LackeyCCG isn't recognising the defaultchat.txt files in plugin folders for me. I also tried the war3000 plugin that comes with LackeyCCG just to make sure that it had nothing to do with my file and that plugin's defaultchat.txt file didn't work either.

innuendo

Yeah, I've mentioned that default chat issue before and it's just been a minor bug so I let it go away. I've seen the same issue for awhile now.

Trevor, if you happen to still have my plugin I sent you, you can replicate with that.

Trevor

innuendo

Strange, I figured that was how it was done already!

Thanks for the attention to what is a pretty minor issue.

Tigt

Hey, this is comparatively minor, but when uploading a custom avatar, if you click on the Upload Avatar button without pasting a URL in beforehand, Lackey crashes. Is it possible to just let the user know to put something in instead of crashing?

System is Windows Vista, Lackey build date is 10-12-11.

[Actually, my friend was having trouble with this and he thought it was just impossible to upload an avatar. Of course, anyone reading this on the internet will think I'm saying "my friend" to avoid looking stupid, but hey, the truth is the truth.]

Trevor

Quote from: Tigt on October 13, 2011, 10:05:27 PM
Hey, this is comparatively minor, but when uploading a custom avatar, if you click on the Upload Avatar button without pasting a URL in beforehand, Lackey crashes. Is it possible to just let the user know to put something in instead of crashing?

System is Windows Vista, Lackey build date is 10-12-11.

[Actually, my friend was having trouble with this and he thought it was just impossible to upload an avatar. Of course, anyone reading this on the internet will think I'm saying "my friend" to avoid looking stupid, but hey, the truth is the truth.]
There is no "Upload Avatar" button, nor is there any way to upload an avatar. Do you mean the ability to download an avatar by a URL via the "Load avatar from URL" button?
Is this crash repeatable? What do you have in the field to the right of that button?

Tigt

Right, the  "Load avatar from URL" button. The crash happens when you click that before you put anything into the field. I just tried repeating it myself, and sure enough it crashes.

Trevor

Quote from: Tigt on October 13, 2011, 11:36:48 PM
Right, the  "Load avatar from URL" button. The crash happens when you click that before you put anything into the field. I just tried repeating it myself, and sure enough it crashes.
Ok, fixed.

xerows

Hi there!
I don't know if anybody already noticed this, but I'm experiencing some problems with the keyboard: in particular, I'm unable to write the letters 'M' and 'W' (',' and 'Z' are printed instead).

I'm running OS X Lion, QWERTY keyboard, Italian layout.

I also checked with a friend of mine, and he's also experiencing the same problems (he's running Lion too).
If you need some more details, I'd be glad to help.

Anyway, thank you! :)

Soltir

Before the update everything worked fine. Now it says it can't open Lackey because of my Windows version (I always play in my current version). What do I need to do?

Trevor

Quote from: Soltir on October 15, 2011, 09:28:03 AM
Before the update everything worked fine. Now it says it can't open Lackey because of my Windows version (I always play in my current version). What do I need to do?
That's odd. Talk to me on AIM and I can troubleshoot with you.

Trevor

Quote from: xerows on October 15, 2011, 08:34:08 AM
Hi there!
I don't know if anybody already noticed this, but I'm experiencing some problems with the keyboard: in particular, I'm unable to write the letters 'M' and 'W' (',' and 'Z' are printed instead).

I'm running OS X Lion, QWERTY keyboard, Italian layout.

I also checked with a friend of mine, and he's also experiencing the same problems (he's running Lion too).
If you need some more details, I'd be glad to help.

Anyway, thank you! :)
The issue is likely that you are using italian layout. I am aware that the keyboard can cause some issues with people not using QWERTY with US layouts. I plan on fixing that.

Ascent

The /Rulebook command works beautifully. However, the problem with the plugins dropdown menu going off the page still seems to persist. Did you apply a fix? If so, what was it? Maybe I'm missing something.

Trevor