I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 10-27-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, October 27, 2011, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Just posted a new version.

Started logging changes in versions at http://lackeyccg.com/changelog.html.

Screenshots
Added screenshot ability, and screenshot gallery creator. (only saves screenshots as .bmp for now)
You can take a screenshot by choosing "Take Screenshot" from the main menu, or using control+shift+s on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot of the current Lackey window and save it to your currently loaded plugin's screenshots/ folder.
You can also choose "Browse Screenshots..." from the main menu, which will open up a screenshots related menu. In this menu, you can look at previews of all screenshot's you've made, delete screenshots, open the directory in your default window, or view all screenshots in a gallery.
Whenever you take a screenshot, Lackey will update a file at plugins/PLUGINNAME/screenshots/index.html. This file, if you open it, will show you a gallery of all your screenshots. The gallery that is created is a bit crude, but I will make it look more fancy later. At present, screenshots are only saved as .bmp files, which are the actual dimensions of the Lackey window when the screenshot was taken. If you want to convert them to jpg (or another image format) and resize them, feel free to use whatever program you want to do so. You can delete the old bmp version, and the next time you take a screenshot (or delete an old screenshot), the screenshots/index.html file should be updated with the changes you've made (such as the new image file suffix).
In their current format, bmp, the files are somewhat large, so that might be a good idea if you want to upload the whole screenshots/ folder to your website. One cool thing about the screenshots folder that is created is it is properly formatted such that you can just upload the entire folder, and you will have a website for your screenshots.
Screenshots (and screenshot gallery) are new features and feedback is welcome.

SoundShare panel added in Other tab (next to the token list)
Added SoundShare interface in the Other tab. This makes sharing sounds convenient and fun.
This is described at http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialsoundshare.html and it looks like

All sounds now should go in either the general lackey sounds folder, sounds/, or the plugin-specific folder, plugins/PLUGINNAME/sounds/. Use of the chat/ subdirectory in both sounds/ folders is now obsolete. Plugin makers: You may need to update your updatelist.txt files if you have sounds listed as being downloaded to the obsolete chat/ folder. They should now go the parent sounds folder.

All canned messages are now localized to each plugin, and each plugin's canned messages are independent of the other plugin's canned messages. These are saved in pluginpreferences.txt and if you have never saved canned messages for a plugin (such as when you freshly install it), you will have the initial canned messages set to the contents of that plugin's defaultchat.txt. If a plugin does not have a defaultchat.txt, then Lackey will use general default canned message values. As a side effect of this change, old canned messages will not be preserved from older versions of LackeyCCG, but they will going forward.

If you type common phases, like "hello", lackey should speak that to you as it has done so before (unless you have disabled sound in your preferences). This is not a new feature. If this doesn't work for you any more upon updating, this could be caused by you missing a file called chatconfig.txt that should be put into your Lackey's sounds/ folder. You can get it from http://lackeyccg.com/chatconfig.txt if you need it. Previously, this file was located in your sounds/chat/ folder, but the subdirectory chat/ is now obsolete. It should be at sounds/chatconfig.txt.

Gonna write more here later today....

Hyphen-ated

In the "add a pack" dialog window, there was a little dropdown that lets you open more than one pack at once. It's gone in the new version. I used it all the time; it's so much more clicking now when I have to open all the packs individually! please bring it back

There's also a "delete selected item" button now. When I press it, it clears the list of packs that are available to open, until I click "refresh" and they all come back. That's weird.

I only use the magic plugin. I don't know if this is plugin-dependent in some way.

Trevor

Quote from: Hyphen-ated on October 27, 2011, 02:07:01 AM
In the "add a pack" dialog window, there was a little dropdown that lets you open more than one pack at once. It's gone in the new version. I used it all the time; it's so much more clicking now when I have to open all the packs individually! please bring it back

There's also a "delete selected item" button now. When I press it, it clears the list of packs that are available to open, until I click "refresh" and they all come back. That's weird.
I just fixed this.

toyboy321

I'm going to put my hands on the new version after work... I got especially interesed in the SOUND sharing function.
SOUNDS really cool:)

spartan116chris

thanks for fixing the bug i was experiencing dude. ur awesome and lackey is great!

ani-mayhem

Are the deck zones still limited to 5? With 6 deck zones i have to click on the 6th zone that doesnt show its label, or lackey will crash when i try to add a card. any card added after that just goes into the game, not in any specific deck zone.

Trevor

Quote from: ani-mayhem on October 29, 2011, 04:30:45 AM
Are the deck zones still limited to 5? With 6 deck zones i have to click on the 6th zone that doesnt show its label, or lackey will crash when i try to add a card. any card added after that just goes into the game, not in any specific deck zone.
I just fixed this. Retest it after I post the next version.

ani-mayhem

Trevor

Quote from: ani-mayhem on October 29, 2011, 10:22:43 PM
Attempting to load an empty dek file crashes Lackey.
There is a billion ways to load a deck. Exactly how and with what plugin are experiencing this error?

ani-mayhem

Was working on a pluging for Ani-Mayhem, making a decking in the deck editor, i clicked the button labeled 'Save deck' without having selected any cards, and it made a 0kb file named 'unnamed.dek'. Clicked the button labeled 'Browse...', selected the deck, and crash.  I just tried it again and the unnamed.dek has some XML in it this time, so no crash. Deleted the contents of the file, tried again, and crash. I dont know why it was empty the first time.

Trevor

Quote from: ani-mayhem on October 30, 2011, 06:03:06 AM
Was working on a pluging for Ani-Mayhem, making a decking in the deck editor, i clicked the button labeled 'Save deck' without having selected any cards, and it made a 0kb file named 'unnamed.dek'. Clicked the button labeled 'Browse...', selected the deck, and crash.  I just tried it again and the unnamed.dek has some XML in it this time, so no crash. Deleted the contents of the file, tried again, and crash. I dont know why it was empty the first time.
Ok. Fixed. Thanks.

nobthehobbit

If someone uses a "Reveal to" feature and another player closes the window that pops up, the player who revealed is frozen and can't do anything.

Trevor

Quote from: nobthehobbit on October 30, 2011, 04:40:53 PM
If someone uses a "Reveal to" feature and another player closes the window that pops up, the player who revealed is frozen and can't do anything.
I haven't been able to replicate this. Is it repeatable? Please give me step by step instructions that include exactly what button was clicked or what menu item was selected.

INWO911

I was messing around with the skins, and a couple colors refuse to change.
The best I can tell, the color of the text for the menu during rollover is stuck in black, no matter what color i select.
When selecting a plugin from the list of downloaded plugins, the whole list changes color instead of just the plugin my cursor is on.

I just got Lackey and I am very pleased!
Thanks!