News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

help please

Started by shadowkng, November 04, 2011, 03:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowkng

Hi it's my first post i read all the tutorial to make my plugin work, but i cant make it work. i follow all the instructions of the tutorial. I make a folder called "bos" in that folder i make 2 folders "packs" and "sets".

in the main folder i have "pluginfo.txt", "bot.jpg" (100x100).

in the packs folder i have "bosbooster.jpg", packdefinitions1.xml

in the set folder i have "bos.txt" and the folder setimages

in the setimages folder i have the folders "bos" and "General"

this is my PLUGININFO.TXT

<plugin>

<gamezone>
   <label>Mano</label>
   <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
   <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
   <label>Mazo</label>
   <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
   <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
   <label>Descarte</label>
   <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
   <visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>

<playerstat>
   <label>Fans</label>
   <initialvalue>40</initialvalue>
</playerstat>

<deckzone>
   <label>Mazo</label>
   <gamezonetoloadto>Mazo</gamezonetoloadto>
   <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<phase><label>Enderezar</label></phase>
<phase><label>Robar</label></phase>
<phase><label>Preparacion</label></phase>
<phase><label>Principal</label></phase>
<phase><label>Audici?n</label></phase>
<phase><label>Resolucion></label></phase>
<phase><label>Fin</label></phase>

<generalfunction><label>Robar</label><kind>DRAWCARD</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Fase Previa</label><kind>PREVIOUSPHASE</kind></generalfunciton>
<generalfunction><label>Proxima Fase</label><kind>NEXTPHASE</kind></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Dado</label><kind>ROLLD6</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Turno Previo</label><kind>PREVIOUSTURN</kind></generalfuncion>
<generalfunction><label>Proximo Turno</label><kind>NEXTTURN</kind></generalfuncion>
<generalfunction>
   <label>Descarte Mazo</label><kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
   <sourceowner>performer</sourceowner>
   <sourcegamezone>Mazo>/sourcegamezone>
   <sourceposition>top</sourceposition>
   <destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
   <destinationgamezone>Descarte</destinationgamezone>
   <destinationposition>top</destinationposition>
</generalfunction>

<cardfunction><label>Enderezar</label><kind>MAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Girar</label><kind>MAKRIGHT90DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Humillar</label><kind>TURNOVER</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>

<definition><kind>ISYYOURRFACEDOWNVISIBLE</kind></definition>

</plugin>

if you found any error please comment in a basic english :D. Thanks

Trevor

Copy/paste is not a good way to analyze plugin errors. Please link a zip of the actual zipped plugin (minus card images if you want).

Incidentally, there is no such file as "pluginfo.txt". The file name is "plugininfo.txt", as in Plugin Info.

Also, please make descriptive thread titles in the future.

shadowkng

sorry for the title of the thread :S

the plugin http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K67BJZ7E check it please. I don't put the images for faster download

Trevor

Quote from: shadowkng on November 04, 2011, 05:06:45 AM
sorry for the title of the thread :S

the plugin http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K67BJZ7E check it please. I don't put the images for faster download

Your file names are messed up. While you may think you have a file named "plugininfo.txt", you actually have a file named "plugininfo.txt.txt". This is true for a number of your files. I suggest you turn off the operating system's preference to hide file suffixes because it is confusing you.

You are also including many of your Thumbs.db files, and some of those are 1.4MB in size. That may be just an oversight while you were zipping that, but remember to not include those when you are actually distributing the plugin.

Your cardback.jpg and spawned.jpg images are identical, which is not recommended. People might get confused whether the card is face-down, or if the image is missing. Note that if a card is missing an image, lackey will use spawned.jpg. You are including a CardMissing.jpg file, but that would only ever show if you explicitly stated in your card data file that that image file should be used. You can do that, with CardMissing.jpg telling people "we don't have a scan for this card yet", but I just wanted to make sure you knew that spawned.jpg is the default image used if a card image file cannot be found, and if you aren't going to deliberately specify "CardMissing", it will never be used and you should delete it.

Some non-english characters are not supported in Lackey right now, such as ?. I suggest you do a batch rename for these sorts of characters in the interim, or the character will be omitted entirely. I realize not having the accent is wrong, but "o" is better than nothing.

You have listofcarddatafiles.txt, but since you are using all card data files in your sets/ folder, you can omit that file.

Just wondering.... Is Battle of the Stars an "adult themed" CCG?  ;)

shadowkng

thanks!!! and yes it's an Adult Theme CCG.

But i cannot make the deck editor show me the card list, i only fixed the double extension of the files.

Trevor

Quote from: shadowkng on November 04, 2011, 07:26:15 AM
thanks!!! and yes it's an Adult Theme CCG.

But i cannot make the deck editor show me the card list, i only fixed the double extension of the files.
I also fixed the files and it works for me. Talk to me on AIM (my screen name is Lykos4) and I can troubleshoot. Or you can zip your entire plugin again and I can take a look that way.

Do you have any examples of what the cards look like? This is the first adult theme CCG I've heard of. I took a look at the cards in lackey (sans images of course) and I don't speak spanish (or whatever romance language that is).

shadowkng

ok in http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HG96UX9C you can find the plugin with images too, i need to test first im work in my own template by now, so the card images are beta. Thanks for the help. And yes is in spanish because i'm from Chile (southamerica) and is native for me when i finish my template i would translate cards to english.

Trevor

Quote from: shadowkng on November 04, 2011, 08:03:22 AM
ok in http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HG96UX9C you can find the plugin with images too, i need to test first im work in my own template by now, so the card images are beta. Thanks for the help. And yes is in spanish because i'm from Chile (southamerica) and is native for me when i finish my template i would translate cards to english.
I know where Chile is. :D
I suggest you check out my article on CCG design. http://lackeyccg.com/ccgdesign.html

Look carefully at your card data file. It should begin with "Name<tab>Set" et cetera, but yours has some weird character before "Name". If you open up the file with excel, you see it starts as "Name". Oddly enough, I can't see this character with some text programs. Not sure what text editor program you are using, but try WordPad.

One other issue is your card image files should be the same dimensions as the cardback.jpg file. Cardback.jpg has 2 roles. First, it is obviously the default card back. Second, it defines the default size and aspect ratios of all the actual card images. (Just a tip: if you resize cardback.jpg to match the card image files, load a different plugin and then reload your plugin. Lackey only checks the size of the cardback.jpg when first installed, or when you change plugins.)

shadowkng

i usea notepad for edit my txt files, and i make the set file in excel 2003. I dont find the unusual simbol in the files :S

Trevor

Quote from: shadowkng on November 04, 2011, 09:08:55 AM
i usea notepad for edit my txt files, and i make the set file in excel 2003. I dont find the unusual simbol in the files :S
Well, it was there. Try using wordpad, and retype the first word.

shadowkng

FINALLY WORK!!!! Thanks for all the help Trevor when i finish the template, and translate the game i made a new post of it :D

Picks-at-Flies

Quote from: Trevor on November 04, 2011, 07:37:56 AMThis is the first adult theme CCG I've heard of.

You haven't heard of Xxxenophile?

mathman1550

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on November 09, 2011, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: Trevor on November 04, 2011, 07:37:56 AMThis is the first adult theme CCG I've heard of.

You haven't heard of Xxxenophile?
I've heard of that one, but only because a couple years ago I was living in the middle of nowhere and was editing and updating all the Wikipedia pages with anything to do with trading card games. There really was nothing else in that town to do.