I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 11-19-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, November 19, 2011, 08:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

http://lackeyccg.com/changelog.html

Plugin makers can now make cards hover on the table. The syntax is like the other card functions:
<cardfunction><label>Hover</label><kind>HOVER</kind></cardfunction>
This is a new feature and I welcome feedback on it, such as how high things should hover, the difference between the apex and trough of the animation, the speed of the animation, the smoothness of the animation, how things look like with a tilted table compared to a flat one, and anything else you come up with.

Players can now customize key bindings. This is new and I'm still debating about a few things. I haven't (yet) included the contextually dependent binding options. For example, while you are moving a token card from the token list, you can:
Hit the right and left arrow keys to increment and decrement the number of tokens you are dragging;
Hit the number keys from 1-9 (on keypad too) to set the amount you are moving to that number.
And so forth. Those key bindings vary based on the context, and there is a lot of other bindings that are also context dependent. I haven't implemented a good system for changing all of the context dependent keys.

Plugin makers can define default keybindings (that override the lackey default bindings for their plugin).
When a player loads a plugin, lackey will first check if you have saved key bindings for that plugin. If not, it will see if there is a default key bindings for that plugin. If not, lackey will set some default keybindings.

The area to the right of the table is now separated into 3 tabs: Zones, Tokens, and SoundShare.

Trevor

Someone reported some weirdness with overlapping cards. I'll fix that.

Personman

My friend and I are sitting next to each other. We both downloaded the most recent build, and then updated the Magic plugin. We're both using OSX. But when we connect to each other in a game, it says our versions are different, and many (not all) cards appear as random cards from other sets to the other person. He's using the Medium version and I'm using the High version, in case the bug is related to that, but hopefully that would never matter.

Trevor

Quote from: Personman on November 19, 2011, 11:55:30 AM
My friend and I are sitting next to each other. We both downloaded the most recent build, and then updated the Magic plugin. We're both using OSX. But when we connect to each other in a game, it says our versions are different, and many (not all) cards appear as random cards from other sets to the other person. He's using the Medium version and I'm using the High version, in case the bug is related to that, but hopefully that would never matter.
This sort of things is almost never a bug in lackey. It's usually caused by downloading from an old internet cache or running lackey from the wrong place or a bunch of other things.
I suggest you clear your internet cache, update again, and relaunch. If the problem persists, let me know.

Saethori

Consider, also, that it might actually be a problem with the upload. (Which would be the purview of the person in charge of that particular plugin, of course, not Trev.)

As Medium and High versions update from slightly different locations, in order to tell the client to get the appropriate sized images, it is possible for a plugin maintainer to post an update to one of the two versions, but forget to properly post one for the other version. There are a couple of ways to see if this is the case:

- Switch from Medium to High, or vice versa. This won't adversely affect your desired image sizes, so long as you already have all images predownloaded beforehand.

- Count the number of cards in the plugin (based on the Total value Lackey displays, with no filters) and compare it against the same value your friend gets. The player with the smaller value is more likely than not the one that needs to update.

Trevor

Quote from: Saethori on November 19, 2011, 12:48:03 PM
Consider, also, that it might actually be a problem with the upload. (Which would be the purview of the person in charge of that particular plugin, of course, not Trev.)

As Medium and High versions update from slightly different locations, in order to tell the client to get the appropriate sized images, it is possible for a plugin maintainer to post an update to one of the two versions, but forget to properly post one for the other version. There are a couple of ways to see if this is the case:

- Switch from Medium to High, or vice versa. This won't adversely affect your desired image sizes, so long as you already have all images predownloaded beforehand.

- Count the number of cards in the plugin (based on the Total value Lackey displays, with no filters) and compare it against the same value your friend gets. The player with the smaller value is more likely than not the one that needs to update.
If a person sees a different Total number of cards in the deck editor, it means they are either missing files they should have, or have extra files they shouldn't have. If people try to hack a plugin to get it updated early, that sort of thing can happen. if you see a different number of cards, delete all the txt files in your sets/ folder and then run the plugin updater again.

ladyslew

I just updated and got the following error:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 and it is a 64-bit operating system.

Trevor

Quote from: ladyslew on November 20, 2011, 07:28:08 PM
I just updated and got the following error:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 and it is a 64-bit operating system.
Try the other way to update than the one you tried.

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on November 19, 2011, 09:19:26 AM
Someone reported some weirdness with overlapping cards. I'll fix that.
That would be great - it is a hard to play STCCG 1E (or Tribbles CCG) where cards are stacked in a specific order when Lackey does not honor that order.

Trevor