News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

M:TG (193 theme decks)

Started by ethanvampirehntr, November 20, 2011, 01:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanvampirehntr

(If i'm posting this in the wrong forum, tell me and i'll post it there... and sorry! it wouldn't be the first time.)

problem= some people don't wanna build decks... idk why, and idc... kinda just wanna play awesome games of magic the gathering with some of my pals, who are new to magic.
solution= get a whole bunch of theme decks!! so grab the ThemeDecks.zip and unzip in your decks directory in magic... and there u go, nearly 200 (and counting) awesome prebuilt, excellent decks.

Just worked on some python code the other day... been meaning to do this for a while, and NOW i'm finally done. Made a program that uses Wget and magic product-info pages to install all the theme decks into txt files that LackeyCCG can understand. All files are working (tested on Ubuntu 11.10, should work on windows).

one NOTES:
since around the last few theme decks they changed their format of the website... some theme decks do not work..
EDIT (Nov 25..... i'm working on making all the decks work)

Having python3 and wget installed somehow on your machine will be necessary to run the DeckDownloader.py. I'm including a zip of all the theme decks... just because.
To run the deck downloader, just type in cmd or terminal.

# python3 DeckDownloader.py

make sure ListOfThemes.txt is in the same dir.

EDIT (Nov. 23): putting updated DeckDownloader, and List of themes in this post. Fixed the problem with the smart quotes causing tabs (by changing them into normal quotes). I'm also posting a new zip of all the decks, just because.
EDIT (Nov 24): changed subject title.... really no reason. Hopes to create spell checker method with JRJurman in DeckDownloader.py so all 193 theme decks work PERFECTLY
EDIT (Nov 25): made a spell-checking program that makes sure ALL 200-something DECKS WORK PERFECTLY, sooo enjoy those theme decks!... new python file, ListOfThemes, and ThemeDecks.zip.

thanks goes to JRJurman on EXTREME help on the code. you ROCK!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Bort

That's cool. I think I'll add this t the plugin download.

ethanvampirehntr

I'm gonna upload a new zip with more theme decks... I forgot a couple theme decks that do work with the program.

I'll post later (tomorrow morning probably) all the theme decks with the correct spelling of each card because It probably won't take too long.

ethanvampirehntr

Some more deckssss
EDIT(outdated, use themedecks.zip from top post)

ethanvampirehntr

If you do include it, credit goes to JRJurman and ethanvampirehntr (myself)... if you credit those kinda things.... doesn't, matter, that, much. AS LONG AS PEOPLE HAVE FUNZ!

ethanvampirehntr

Hey, bort... maybe you could answer my question... why is that the " ' " symbols are make tab characters in lackeyCCG, but i look at other decks, they use the " ' " character fine (as it would seem).

Trevor

Quote from: ethanvampirehntr on November 20, 2011, 09:59:30 PMwhy is that the " ' " symbols are make tab characters in lackeyCCG, but i look at other decks, they use the " ' " character fine (as it would seem).
Not sure what you're referring to, but that could be confusing over smart quotes and general quotes. They are different. The text I have now only supports general quote characters.

http://www.spd.org/student-outreach/SmartQuotes3.gif
Smart quotes have a left and right.

And Lackey should be able to read smart quotes fine, but it will display them as standard quotes. If you find that not to be the case, let me know and I'll fix it.

ethanvampirehntr

Oh then I'll update some of my python code for that. some decks (especially Betrayers of Kamigawa) some of the characters were creating the tab characters.

Trevor

Quote from: ethanvampirehntr on November 21, 2011, 12:43:10 AM
Oh then I'll update some of my python code for that. some decks (especially Betrayers of Kamigawa) some of the characters were creating the tab characters.
Oh, so smart quotes in deck lists aren't being read properly?

ethanvampirehntr

Yeah... when looking at the file it looks fine. But then when looking in the lackeyCCG file viewer, the card name will have a huge tab in the card name. (I'm looking on how to replace the apostrophe with the smart apostrophe in python... but it's looking, not to good.). Lol, if the Wizards updated there database this wouldn't be such a problem... but I doubt many people are buying theme decks that are nearly a decade old (and older).

Trevor

Quote from: ethanvampirehntr on November 21, 2011, 01:03:26 AM
Yeah... when looking at the file it looks fine. But then when looking in the lackeyCCG file viewer, the card name will have a huge tab in the card name. (I'm looking on how to replace the apostrophe with the smart apostrophe in python... but it's looking, not to good.). Lol, if the Wizards updated there database this wouldn't be such a problem... but I doubt many people are buying theme decks that are nearly a decade old (and older).
If you have a deck file that doesn't load, please send it to me so I can make sure things are working as they should.

ethanvampirehntr

The deck title works fine. cards like Horobi's Whisper are not loading correctly.

ethanvampirehntr

found out what the problem was... If using smart quotes in .txt decks... it will cause a tab. (I initially thought it was the other way around lol). it's fixed and I'm posting all the decks now (top post).

Trevor

That file posted with the smart quotes in it should work as intended now, since the latest post earlier this morning. Test it out. I also added a lot more functionality regarding importing other nonstandard characters. I'd be surprised if a card name wasn't properly read now.

ethanvampirehntr

because I have nothing better to do thanksgiving break (I really don't lol), I decided to see if I could fix some of the errors of the deckdownloader-thingamajig.

so I took all the cards from the sets folder in lackey, and checked if the cards in the decks downloaded matched up with them. 51 cards printed out... so... I guess I'll be figuring out a way to make a spell checking program in python to fix those cards.

I'm gonna work with JRJurman to create a spell checking method in the deckDownloader.py. I'll post all of this in the top post, as well as a new zip for the theme Decks (btw, just counted, 193 decks).

These are the cards that had errors... although some of them (Knight of Dawn) work perfectly fine.

Apocalypse_Burial.txt   Wax/Wane
Apocalypse_Pandemonium.txt   Life/Death
Apocalypse_Pandemonium.txt   Order/Chaos
Apocalypse_Whirlpool.txt   Fire/Ice
Coldsnap_Kjeldoran Cunning.txt   J?tun Grunt
Coldsnap_Kjeldoran Cunning.txt   J?tun Owl Keeper
Coldsnap_Kjeldoran Cunning.txt   Surging ?ther
Coldsnap_Snowscape.txt   Legions of Lim-D?l
Exodus_White Heat.txt   Knight of Dawn
FutureSight_Fate Blaster.txt   Forsee
FutureSight_Fate Blaster.txt   Spin Into Myth
Invasion_Dismissal.txt   Spite/Malice