News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

M:TG (193 theme decks)

Started by ethanvampirehntr, November 20, 2011, 01:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanvampirehntr

hey Trevor,
so JRJurman and I are making good progress with the spell checker program. It's nearly done and already incorporated with DeckDownloader.py . One small problem tho. In the sets folder in the magic plugin both planechase.txt and zendikarblock.txt have a unicode character that cannot be read in utf8. (the spell checking program uses the sets folder as a dictionary of card names). To fix this, we had to open and save those files in gedit (a notepad like program for linux) and then it just removed the unknown unicode character. I don't know where the character is specifically, but if this spell checking program is going to be incorperated into the DeckDownloader, people will need change (or someone will need to update) those files, without the weird character.

Trevor

Quote from: ethanvampirehntr on November 24, 2011, 01:55:48 PM
because I have nothing better to do thanksgiving break (I really don't lol), I decided to see if I could fix some of the errors of the deckdownloader-thingamajig.

so I took all the cards from the sets folder in lackey, and checked if the cards in the decks downloaded matched up with them. 51 cards printed out... so... I guess I'll be figuring out a way to make a spell checking program in python to fix those cards.

I'm gonna work with JRJurman to create a spell checking method in the deckDownloader.py. I'll post all of this in the top post, as well as a new zip for the theme Decks (btw, just counted, 193 decks).

These are the cards that had errors... although some of them (Knight of Dawn) work perfectly fine.

Apocalypse_Burial.txt   Wax/Wane
Apocalypse_Pandemonium.txt   Life/Death
Apocalypse_Pandemonium.txt   Order/Chaos
Apocalypse_Whirlpool.txt   Fire/Ice
Coldsnap_Kjeldoran Cunning.txt   J?tun Grunt
Coldsnap_Kjeldoran Cunning.txt   J?tun Owl Keeper
Coldsnap_Kjeldoran Cunning.txt   Surging ?ther
Coldsnap_Snowscape.txt   Legions of Lim-D?l
Exodus_White Heat.txt   Knight of Dawn
FutureSight_Fate Blaster.txt   Forsee
FutureSight_Fate Blaster.txt   Spin Into Myth
Invasion_Dismissal.txt   Spite/Malice
Invasion_Heavy Duty.txt   Wax/Wane
Invasion_Spectrum.txt   Wax/Wane
Invasion_Spectrum.txt   Spite/Malice
Invasion_Spectrum.txt   Assault/Battery
Lorwyn_Elementals' Path.txt   ?thersnipe
Lorwyn_Elementals' Path.txt   Ceaseless Scarblades
MercadianMasques_Disruptor.txt   Subterranean Hanger
MercadianMasques_Rebel's Call.txt   Ramosian Sky Marshall
MirrodinBesieged_Doom Inevitable.txt   Caustic Hound
Nemesis_Breakdown.txt   Stronghold Zepplin
Nemesis_Eruption.txt   Chieftan en-Dal
Nemesis_Eruption.txt   Romosian Rally
NewPhyrexia_Feast of Flesh.txt   Caustic Hound
NewPhyrexia_Ravaging Swarm.txt   Corrupted Conscience
Odyssey_One-Two Punch.txt   Rabid Elephants
Odyssey_Pressure Cooker.txt   Halbardier
Onslaught_Devastation.txt   ?ther Charge
Planeshift_Barrage.txt   Assault/Battery
PlanarChaos_Endless March.txt   Soltari PRiest
PlanarChaos_Endless March.txt   Dead//Gone
PlanarChaos_Ixidor's Legacy.txt   Shaper PArasite
Planechase_Elemental Thunder.txt   Assault/Battery
Planechase_Strike Force.txt   Order/Chaos
Planeshift_Scout.txt   Irregation Ditch
Planeshift_Scout.txt   Rampart Elephant
Prophecy_Pummel.txt   Jolreal's Favor
Prophecy_Slither.txt   Keldon Berskerker
ScarsOfMirrodin_Relic Breaker.txt   idda Scrapmelter
Seventh_Armada.txt   Standby Troops
Seventh_Way Wild.txt   Gorilla Chieftan
Stronghold_Call of the Kor.txt   Knight of Dawn
Stronghold_The Spikes.txt   Fanning The Flames
Tempest_Deep Freeze.txt   Knight of Dawn
Tempest_Deep Freeze.txt   Clouchaser Eagle
Tempest_The Flames of Rath.txt   Searing Torch
Tempest_The Flames of Rath.txt   Gobin Bombardment
UrzasDestiny_Battle Surge.txt   ?ther Sting
Worldwake_Mysterious Realms.txt   ?ther Tradewinds
Zendikar_Pumped Up.txt   ?ther Figment
A card with a name like "?ther" or "J?tun" should import correctly since I posted the latest Lackey. Let me know if you find that not to be the case.

Trevor

Quote from: ethanvampirehntr on November 24, 2011, 03:36:40 PM
hey Trevor,
so JRJurman and I are making good progress with the spell checker program. It's nearly done and already incorporated with DeckDownloader.py . One small problem tho. In the sets folder in the magic plugin both planechase.txt and zendikarblock.txt have a unicode character that cannot be read in utf8. (the spell checking program uses the sets folder as a dictionary of card names). To fix this, we had to open and save those files in gedit (a notepad like program for linux) and then it just removed the unknown unicode character. I don't know where the character is specifically, but if this spell checking program is going to be incorperated into the DeckDownloader, people will need change (or someone will need to update) those files, without the weird character.
Give me a link to this troublesome character. I will see if I can get Lackey to import it as something usable, or at least gracefully ignore it.

ethanvampirehntr

these two files... I found the unicode error... in the last line of the code, 43, the words "can't" has a weird character where " ' " is. I don't know where the problem is in the zendikarblock.txt... it's over 600 lines >.<.

btw, spell checker is very very nearly done, wishes Wizards Of the Coast had the community support that lackeyCCG does.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ethanvampirehntr

OK it is finished. 193 decks, perfect spelling for lackeyCCG (using the lackeyCCG card database).... and all is well. I don't know what to say.... ummmm, wizards of the coast needs to update their database... THAT WOULDA HELPED.
oh i'm posting the new python DeckDownloader and ThemeDecks.zip in the main post.
The DeckDownloader now needs to be in the magic plugins folder (next to the sets folder- where it spell checks, and next to a decks folder- where it creates the new decks).

If anymore updates need to be made, or it's not working, message back, or pm me.
I still need to get the new sets to work... i guess i'll do it tomorrow... or sometime within the next week or so.

Trevor, here is a zendikarblock.txt that does not have a weird unicode character in it. I used gedit to save the file without the unicode character.
EDIT: Trevor, found the error, in line 524 and 461 there is a unicode error in zendikarblock... not the one I attached here, but the one that comes in the lackeyCCG magic plugin (magic/sets/zedikarblock.txt)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

I don't make that plugin by the way. I was just interested because of the character parsing.

ethanvampirehntr

ah, well... ok thanks anyway. i think i'll try to contact the people more involved with magic plugin, versus just lackeyccg in general. thanks for your help tho Trevor!

Warmacblu

Hi all, I am fairly new to use LackeyCCG and want to download all of the theme decks at once but am unsure how to run DeckDownloader.py.

Thanks for any help.