News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MTG Precon Tournament

Started by netfirecat, December 31, 2009, 01:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netfirecat

I'm tempted to start a Precon tournament. The rules would be the same as normal with a few revisions. Best two out of three wins. It will have to be up to the two players to find the best time to face off because of conflicting time zones and schedules. Once i find out if the Lackey community would be interested, i'll get down and think of the specifications and such. Post for any responses and such.

Tokimo

netfirecat

netfirecat

:) ok. any suggestions towards limitations on which decks can't be used? Opinions about the ability to switch decks between matches or the use of a side deck? Any other suggestions?

Tokimo

Choose your block tournament.

Build a block legal deck from any block.

Just an idea. :)

netfirecat

that i agree to, it'd be very interesting, but, unless i have another build for me, i wont be able to participate. When i do that, i will block all slivers, though...

Back to the matter at hand, though, suggestions towards a precon tourney...

Howl

well i dont think there were any precon decks that were tooo good .. meaning that they were better compared to all the other precons. but i do think that lorwyn and futuresight and shadowmoor and newer stuff .. ravnica. i think they do have an advantage over decks from mirage or something like that. so i could see how there could be a proble. and the block idea seems cool.

netfirecat

Lol that's why i am looking into a precon tourney. All precons are pretty much equal, none to much stonger than the others unless the player knows how to use it to the best of it's ability. Don't forget the VS decks, either. In the proper hands, Jace or the artifact deck from Planar Chase can be a severe pain. If majority of those playing agree, it can be allowed to swap decks between 3 predetermined decks.

I do plan to organize an individual block-specific deck after this depending on this one turns out. Taking it further, i'll organize a uniform block or series tounament.

Howl

sounds good. so in the end do you think your choosing one block or like three diff block that players can choose from.?

Tokimo

Oh, I just thought you meant a constructed tournament. Precon tournie sounds fun too. I think 1 precon that you ride throughout would be the best. A small sideboard might be kinda cool (like 5-10 cards), but would make it much more complicated.

netfirecat

I'll organize ones that focus on one or two blocks, single series even. Even have ones that have two parts: uniqueness towards some concept and the tourney winner. I'll take suggestions from everyone that plays, every suggestion will get played, just might take time. Depending on my ability to balance this one and everything else, i might attempt to hold multiple tounaments.

To counteract certain decks or whatever, i was thinking of allowing 2 or 3 separate precons, one being your main. Each Round is started with one's main deck, second round you can swap decks. I might allow it to be up to the player whether they use a sideboard or alternate decks.

davidkramer

[I think that tournament is a great idea

GnKoichi

You should probably limit it to either the Post Alara 41 card decks or the Pre Alara 60 card decks. I suggest the more recent ones.

GnKoichi

Also, adding a booster each round might be nice. Like, round 1 you get a randomly assigned precon from M10 or Zendikar. After each round, you get a booster from either of those sets, your choice. Your deck must still be 41 cards each round.