I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 11-23-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, November 23, 2011, 08:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

http://lackeyccg.com/changelog.html

Plugin makers can now add card sounds to plugins that play when cards are played. The card sounds can also be played explicitly by users. This is a really fun feature. Enabling it is simple. The plugin maker puts sound files in sounds folder (which should automatically download via the updatelist). And then the plugin maker makes a new column in card data file with a header named "Sound". In this column, he puts the sound file names (you can omit the .wav suffix). The corresponding sound will play automatically whenever that card is first place onto the table. You can also CTRL+ALT+ mouse click on a card on the table to have it play it's sound. Or in the deck editor, you can also CTRL+ALT+ mouse click a card, but clicking in the deck editor will not make the sound play for the opponents.

Fixed some depth related bugs.
Automatically sorting cards on the table has been disabled (possibly temporarily). This is the option so a card that is higher in the Y axis will appear on the top (or bottom) of lower cards.

When a deck is loaded, the Shuffle sound now plays.

Scripts in canned messages can now be labeled. E.g., "!Set Display!/zoom;/scale;/tilt;/pancenter;/erasedrawing" will appear as "!Set Display!" .

Lackey can now better import funky characers such as ? or smart quotes.

Trevor

There are still a number of Shared Zone related bugs which Jynks brought to my attention. Also, I want to improve the limited size of pulldown menus.

Ascent

Awesome. That sound feature will indeed be fun. There's lots of sounds to use with SWTCG. Playing a Wookiee roar on a Wookiee card, Ewok battle cries, X-wing/TIE Fighter engine roars, the MF's engines taking off or failing (in the case of Falcon's Needs). Oh, this is going to be really fun.  :D

For those who would like to capture sounds being played on their computer from any media source, go to http://www.nch.com.au/soundtap/index.html .

Ascent

Would there be any way to add a dice roll sound effect when the /roll command is given? Or a shuffle sound effect when the Shuffle command is given? Is it already available and I just don't know it?

Also, is there a way for the die roll result and shuffle result to appear after the sound effect is complete? It is a slight delay, but it makes it more engaging in digital games.

Trevor

Quote from: Ascent on November 23, 2011, 10:58:39 AM
Would there be any way to add a dice roll sound effect when the /roll command is given? Or a shuffle sound effect when the Shuffle command is given? Is it already available and I just don't know it?

Also, is there a way for the die roll result and shuffle result to appear after the sound effect is complete? It is a slight delay, but it makes it more engaging in digital games.
Shuffle, roll, and flip already have sounds.

And I don't think artificially delaying the result of a dice roll would be a popular change.

INWO911

Is anybody else having issues with mac vs pc play?
I cannot play magic with my brother (he is on the mac), bu I have no problem playing with other (possibly pc) players.

Trevor

Quote from: INWO911 on November 24, 2011, 01:50:15 AM
Is anybody else having issues with mac vs pc play?
I cannot play magic with my brother (he is on the mac), bu I have no problem playing with other (possibly pc) players.
This is very unlikely to be mac-windows related. Its more likely to be either a plugin incompatibility or a network issue. Are you on the same LAN? How are you trying to connect?

Are you plugins both up to date?

What do you mean you can't play with each other exactly? You can't connect, or problems arise when you do?

AndO3131

After two years I've came back to Lackey and this forum. I'm impressed on amount of work done by Trevor and plugin creators. There is almost everything I wanted to see in Lackey - except one thing.

In MTG plugin I see, that you can add multiple cards of the same name in set (eg. four 'swamps') and they are visible in deck editor, but I can't add them to current deck (just one card with one image is added). I wanted to ask if this feature is yet to be finished?

Keep up the good work  :)

Trevor

Quote from: AndO3131 on November 24, 2011, 10:16:25 AM
After two years I've came back to Lackey and this forum. I'm impressed on amount of work done by Trevor and plugin creators. There is almost everything I wanted to see in Lackey - except one thing.

In MTG plugin I see, that you can add multiple cards of the same name in set (eg. four 'swamps') and they are visible in deck editor, but I can't add them to current deck (just one card with one image is added). I wanted to ask if this feature is yet to be finished?

Keep up the good work  :)
You probably have "Ignore doubles" checked. You can add multiple cards with the same name and have a different card images while playing.
If you save the deck normally, it will remember your exact choices (in the .dek format), but if you export as .txt it will not remember the exact set you picked the card from. This is because the .txt format is only quantity and Name, and cannot remember set accordingly.

If you still can't figure out how to add multiple cards of the same name to a deck, let me know.

AndO3131

I think we've misunderstood one another. My bad ;)
Adding cards with the same name from different sets work very well. I meant something one step further.

What I did was add three new cards to MTG plugin - 'Plains' with following card numbers to 'Starter' set. I left the same card name, only changing imagefile numbers. I was happy with the fact that in deck editor (lower window) I could see 4 'plains' in 4 rows with nice images different for each of them and with the same set - 'starter'. Unfortunately they don't want to add to the deck (upper window) as different cards, instead blending into one 'plains' with one of the images present. Changing their id's in the .dek file doesn't have the desired effect - they still present the same image in deck view.

It's of course a minor feature, but seams to be just a step from ideal :D
I can take a screenshot of the situation I'm talking about, if you want.

Trevor

Quote from: AndO3131 on November 24, 2011, 07:09:08 PM
I think we've misunderstood one another. My bad ;)
Adding cards with the same name from different sets work very well. I meant something one step further.

What I did was add three new cards to MTG plugin - 'Plains' with following card numbers to 'Starter' set. I left the same card name, only changing imagefile numbers. I was happy with the fact that in deck editor (lower window) I could see 4 'plains' in 4 rows with nice images different for each of them and with the same set - 'starter'. Unfortunately they don't want to add to the deck (upper window) as different cards, instead blending into one 'plains' with one of the images present. Changing their id's in the .dek file doesn't have the desired effect - they still present the same image in deck view.

It's of course a minor feature, but seams to be just a step from ideal :D
I can take a screenshot of the situation I'm talking about, if you want.
Altering a plugin will cause it to be incompatible with other plugins. It is not recommended.

At the moment, lackey only fully supports one card with both the same name and same set.

innuendo

Trevor, is it possible to have the plugin maker determine the unique identifier? I have cards in my game that share names and are functionally different cards. So in this case the name is not the unique identifier.

I'm not sure how this would change the backbone of your card class, but it seems like if there was a way to allow some other card field in plugin be the unique field it would help a lot.

INWO911

Issue resolved!
The mac moved the location of the file and it was no working right. When he moved it back, it was good to go.
I did like the change in the previous edition where when a new card is placed on top of another card, it goes to the bottom of the stack.

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on November 25, 2011, 11:25:08 AM
Trevor, is it possible to have the plugin maker determine the unique identifier? I have cards in my game that share names and are functionally different cards. So in this case the name is not the unique identifier.

I'm not sure how this would change the backbone of your card class, but it seems like if there was a way to allow some other card field in plugin be the unique field it would help a lot.
You can always make a card name unique. The point of a card name is to be able to say to someone "I have card X in my deck." You can't do that unless each unique card has a unique name. If you can't use subtitles, you can make a card name with a number or letter added on, or a set name abbreviation.

AndO3131

I understand that for functionally different cards in the set it would be better to have unique name (with for example number referring to cards' strength or something), but in MTG case cards are almost the same, the only difference being in graphics. The reason I've posted is that this feature is close to completion. My question to Trevor is - will you finish it in some future release?