I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 11-23-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, November 23, 2011, 08:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigt

The real bug I'm here to report is that counter display is not working correctly all of the time, at least for the MtG plugin. The numbers will just not show for some people during some games; not sure if there's a rhyme or reason to it. I'm on Windows 7, and my friend who reports the same problem is on XP.

The smaller not-quite-a-bug is that I defined the password for a game on the server as "%" which apparently my friends were unable to enter in the password field.

Trevor

Quote from: Tigt on December 14, 2011, 09:22:44 PM
The real bug I'm here to report is that counter display is not working correctly all of the time, at least for the MtG plugin. The numbers will just not show for some people during some games; not sure if there's a rhyme or reason to it. I'm on Windows 7, and my friend who reports the same problem is on XP.

The smaller not-quite-a-bug is that I defined the password for a game on the server as "%" which apparently my friends were unable to enter in the password field.
The password is alphanumeric I believe. If it allowed you to enter a "%" as a password, if you did indeed do that, then that is a bug.

I am aware of the other issue, I know what causes it, and am working on a fix.

innuendo

Not a bug I don't think, but just a weird design issue with the UI. After you load a "deck to zone" it doesn't give any confirmation to you that the deck loaded until you manually return to game screen.

Seems related ot the adition of shared zones since loading to a shared zone pops you back to the game tab.

r0cknes

Yea it is actually kind of annoying that when you load a deck it automatically sends you to game tab. A conformmation pop up would be nice, but seeing how many games require you to load to several different decks it would be nice to stay in the deck editor until you are done.

Trevor

Quote from: r0cknes on December 20, 2011, 12:34:37 PM
Yea it is actually kind of annoying that when you load a deck it automatically sends you to game tab. A conformmation pop up would be nice, but seeing how many games require you to load to several different decks it would be nice to stay in the deck editor until you are done.
Most people want to play the deck immediately if they load it that way. For the vast majority of people, this results in less buttons needing to be clicked.

If you are using a plugin that loads multiple decks, you can always use the load to specific zone button, and (due to one player making a similar comment), that will not take you away from the deck editor.

I'll tell you what would be annoying... opening a pop up dialogue as you suggested every time they load a deck.

innuendo

Is it possible to put a small piece of text next to the load button that confirms they loaded. As it is, they have no visual indication the deck was loaded when you "load deck to: [zone]"

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on December 21, 2011, 12:08:23 AM
Is it possible to put a small piece of text next to the load button that confirms they loaded. As it is, they have no visual indication the deck was loaded when you "load deck to: [zone]"
I just loaded a pile of cards to a zone and there was indeed a log message reflecting that. What are you talking about?

innuendo

There is a log message, but from the deck editor screen you can't see that. When you load a deck to zone there is no visual indication that the deck is loaded. It remains on the same deck editor screen and you can't see the log from there.

I recently turned on 2 guys to lackey and they both hit "load deck to zone" about 5 times before they realized it may have worked. It's a small ui tweak.

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on December 21, 2011, 10:57:23 AM
There is a log message, but from the deck editor screen you can't see that. When you load a deck to zone there is no visual indication that the deck is loaded. It remains on the same deck editor screen and you can't see the log from there.

I recently turned on 2 guys to lackey and they both hit "load deck to zone" about 5 times before they realized it may have worked. It's a small ui tweak.
Well, you don't want to have the game window be made active, and a pop up would be annoying, so there isn't much choice. I don't see this as a problem.

yunari

Quote from: Trevor on December 10, 2011, 12:55:11 PM
Quote from: Hyphen-ated on December 10, 2011, 12:28:40 AM
I have a hilarious problem with this version! In the windows registry I've "unbound" my windows key so it doesn't do anything, and I use it for my push-to-talk key in voip programs. When I updated lackey and pressed my windows key, it activated ALL of the bindable functions that are not bound to anything! It does all of these all at once:
disconnect from server
disconnect from game
revert to autosave 1
revert to autosave 2
clear log
clear table
toggle hidden play mode
etc

It's as if lackey is thinking "this key does nothing, and these functions are all bound to nothing, so when the nothing key is pressed, do them all"!  ;D

I worked around it by binding some other key combination to all those blank lines and that removed the windows key from all of them. I still have a bunch of blank lines now in the key bindings screen, but lackey no longer thinks my windows key should trigger any of them.
I will need to investigate this further. It's possible your windows settings are done improperly, and it's also possible that the API I use for key input is bugged. Or it's also possible that there is a bug in Lackey. Please talk to me in some IM client some time and I can troubleshoot.

I got the same problem with more detail hopefully that could help you to find them out.
There have error when unexpected scancode have been entered.
As I found on japanese key board are
無変換   not convert character    scancode 07B
変換   reconvert      scancode 079
\   backslash on jp keyboard   scancode 073
When these key entered lackey execute these thing

and then goto browse screenshot menu.

However hiragana/katakana button have been saved scancode 070
This autohotkey script shoudl help you to duplicate this error.
http://pathos.ddo.jp/yunari/misc/jp_extrakey.ahk
ASDF mapped to not convert,reconvert,backslash and hiragana/katakana

As you can see they share principle with our lovely windows key which is difficult to avoid all the time.

And I still missing ALT+F4 Key.

Token as number some time hindered in back of some random card if it tap/uptap a lot. This never occured when display as token.  Number with arrow mark also obstructed by arrow itself render it useless.  Shouldn`t it easier to allow counter always on top regardless anything obstruct it? So we still could see counter even other card are above it which occur a lot when player play with different aspect ratio moniter and space between card are different.
And I wish to have option to have shadow around number or simply write solid background with token so it could read easier in some situation that color of number and card are so close like this.

I could change counter color but there are no better color to represent as damage counter than red. and number disappearing bug keep number counter useless anyway. But when counter grow up to 10+ and became taller than card I think I still need it.
with some aid it could read easier like this

PS. letter with shadow is optional. solid background is simply enough.

innuendo

Quote from: Trevor on December 21, 2011, 08:07:39 PMWell, you don't want to have the game window be made active, and a pop up would be annoying, so there isn't much choice. I don't see this as a problem.

Is it possible then that the chat log could be visible while in deck editor panel? That way you could see the log at all times. I know for  fact this would be beneficial in many cases since often times we're building decks while chatting about it and having to cycle tabs is counter productive.

This also solves the problem of the log showing the deck is loaded.  And there is plenty of space beneath the bottom card display panel for the chat window (and if you didn't want it you could also hide it anyways).

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on December 22, 2011, 06:25:28 PM
Quote from: Trevor on December 21, 2011, 08:07:39 PMWell, you don't want to have the game window be made active, and a pop up would be annoying, so there isn't much choice. I don't see this as a problem.

Is it possible then that the chat log could be visible while in deck editor panel? That way you could see the log at all times. I know for  fact this would be beneficial in many cases since often times we're building decks while chatting about it and having to cycle tabs is counter productive.

This also solves the problem of the log showing the deck is loaded.  And there is plenty of space beneath the bottom card display panel for the chat window (and if you didn't want it you could also hide it anyways).
It's an interesting idea to have the log visible at all times, but on more careful thought, I think it would be worse. The main problem is it would just eat up too much real estate in the deck editor. And you might be thinking: "Then, just have it be an option." It's not a good idea to have there be too many options. Having lots of options overwhelms people and complicates the interface. Already, you are shown (for both the game chat and server chat) a number of unseen messages on their corresponding tab. So you are shown when a new message arrives. It would be nice to facilitate chatting during deck building better, but I don't want it to be at the expense of other things. The best solution I think is to just voice chat.

Trevor

Quote from: yunari on December 22, 2011, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: Trevor on December 10, 2011, 12:55:11 PM
Quote from: Hyphen-ated on December 10, 2011, 12:28:40 AM
I have a hilarious problem with this version! In the windows registry I've "unbound" my windows key so it doesn't do anything, and I use it for my push-to-talk key in voip programs. When I updated lackey and pressed my windows key, it activated ALL of the bindable functions that are not bound to anything! It does all of these all at once:
disconnect from server
disconnect from game
revert to autosave 1
revert to autosave 2
clear log
clear table
toggle hidden play mode
etc

It's as if lackey is thinking "this key does nothing, and these functions are all bound to nothing, so when the nothing key is pressed, do them all"!  ;D

I worked around it by binding some other key combination to all those blank lines and that removed the windows key from all of them. I still have a bunch of blank lines now in the key bindings screen, but lackey no longer thinks my windows key should trigger any of them.
I will need to investigate this further. It's possible your windows settings are done improperly, and it's also possible that the API I use for key input is bugged. Or it's also possible that there is a bug in Lackey. Please talk to me in some IM client some time and I can troubleshoot.

I got the same problem with more detail hopefully that could help you to find them out.
There have error when unexpected scancode have been entered.
As I found on japanese key board are
無変換   not convert character    scancode 07B
変換   reconvert      scancode 079
\   backslash on jp keyboard   scancode 073
When these key entered lackey execute these thing

and then goto browse screenshot menu.

However hiragana/katakana button have been saved scancode 070
This autohotkey script shoudl help you to duplicate this error.
http://pathos.ddo.jp/yunari/misc/jp_extrakey.ahk
ASDF mapped to not convert,reconvert,backslash and hiragana/katakana

As you can see they share principle with our lovely windows key which is difficult to avoid all the time.

And I still missing ALT+F4 Key.

Token as number some time hindered in back of some random card if it tap/uptap a lot. This never occured when display as token.  Number with arrow mark also obstructed by arrow itself render it useless.  Shouldn`t it easier to allow counter always on top regardless anything obstruct it? So we still could see counter even other card are above it which occur a lot when player play with different aspect ratio moniter and space between card are different.
And I wish to have option to have shadow around number or simply write solid background with token so it could read easier in some situation that color of number and card are so close like this.

I could change counter color but there are no better color to represent as damage counter than red. and number disappearing bug keep number counter useless anyway. But when counter grow up to 10+ and became taller than card I think I still need it.
with some aid it could read easier like this

PS. letter with shadow is optional. solid background is simply enough.
I'm looking into the keys causing unintended functions.

Regarding the text outline, its actually somewhat tricky to get a proper outline. A box outline is easy enough to handle. I will make that an option. I am aware that some text can be hard to read with some colors and contrasts. But at the same time, I know many people don't want a box covering up what's behind it. I'll work on it and it should look better soon.

geleroff

i have a bug... well i play on a laptop computer with Lantinmerican Spanish keyboard configuration (problem with questionmrks and so on... but i dont care about that)

in my keyboard Bloq Num is next to the delete arrow, and sometimes i misstype it, whener that happens a wild weird bug appears, kicking me out of the server and sending me to the plugin tab, not to mention that opens a window looking for screenshots of the plugins and says "good game" without actually typing it... it is funny because sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't, but whenever it does it makes itself sure that im in a very tough game or some just entered my game after 20 minutes waiting