News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

From MSE to PlugIn

Started by Don88, December 12, 2011, 11:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don88

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has extracted the information for a plugin from Magic Set Editor, to put into a plugin for Lackey. And if so what is the easiest way to do so? I can't find any export options for MSE that seem to make the process easier than a hell of a lot of copying and pasting.

Just thought someone may have done this in the past and could give an easy solution! Cheers guys!

innuendo

I helped build the MSE to lackey plugin that you can find around the forums over there if you search around.

It was specific for magic but it exported the magic set into an Lackey ready format. It's probalby out of date with the new plugin format since some of the new sets in mtg...but it's easy to do.

On top of that, I use an MSE to Lackey Plugin I wrote specifically for my CCG all the time...

Don88

Hey man, that's fantastic I'll have a look around the MSE Forums for the tool.

When you wrote your own MSE to Lackey Plugin for your own CCG, do you just export the data from MSE into a Magic Workstation set or Apprentice set and then parse in the information? Or something along those lines?

I'm basically looking to use Lackey as a testing tool for a project which is very similar to a CCG, and we're currently using MSE to do mock ups of the cards.

Cheers again for the info man.

innuendo

no, i export directly to a .txt that lackey uses. No middle step.