News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Theoretical Community CCG Project

Started by Malagar, December 12, 2011, 03:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malagar

@Ascent

The galactic council already voted against itself!

@Dragoon

I also help with templates once i got the time to do so. But if you want to give it a try, here you go! I thought about different space background for the various card types, the text and number boxes in a very modern style (almost like the computer interfaces in the star trek movies/games). if you want to provide a first scetch as a picture file, we can go from there.

@yudencow

as the others where not excited at all about the GC idea, i think we can trash it right away. and i guess the same is true for your galactus/unicron idea.

but, there is good stuff in your post. i have to think about the sub-attributes for a while, but the agenda stuff you recommend easily fits to what we already have. a good idea to make scored agendas permament and let them emit some kind of effect.

and yes, anti-agenda cards will surely play a role.

@all

about a possible unique feature:

maybe a more abstract approach, that uses a mechanic similar to LOTR twilight pool. There could be a gauge wich measures the balance of power between good and evil. i guess in every game and every fantasy world you can align all races to either good or evil. certain actions would increase/decrease the "good points" in the pool, while others increase/decrease the "bad points".

the pool is used like a shared resource by all players and some cards interact with it or require points
from the pool.

this would satisfy three of the things i initially wanted to see in the game:

1. a unique feature
2. a way to represent psi/overnatural forces - although in a abstract way
3. the galatic council and maybe its evil counterpart - although in a abstract way
4. a mechanic/feature/resource that is shared and influenced by all players

again: theese are just brainstorm bits while i try to get the rulebook basics ready!

yudencow

I think it should ba a gauge per player of 7 levels (holy, lawful, good, neutral, evil, chaotic, demonic) that certain effects can move it, certain effcts require it and certain effect capitalize on being extremely good or evil.

I am conitinuing to support the idea to have an agenda phase:
A. place an agenda card from your hand.
B. if you didn't do A search you deck for an agenda card if you don't have one active.
C. if you did B shuffle your deck.

When an agenda is completed it is activated on the spot, or becomes a permenant on the spot and is no longer active.

Players shouldn't be able to complete other people agendas, but to massively trying to stop them before they completing theirs.

The way to win the game should be simple, and it should be written on the nation card (the same for both war and peace), on top of trying to eliminate other players by killing all of their fleets and pesonalities.

I believe their should be a repeatable agenda from either side of the nation card (peace agenda and war agenda e.g. at peace time we will export you our media and in war time we will take your oil).

Dragoon

mock up of a card frame.

ADDENDUM: @yudencow: NO FRIGGIN' ALIGMENTS!

Okay, now I've calmed down. First, these levels of alignments only make sense in a fantasy based setting, not a space-based one. Second, the idea isn't that bad, it's just poorly worded/executed.

Hey, in fact I already posted something like that but I called it peace/war. :P

Hmm, I dunno about not being able to complete your opponent's agenda's. I think we should test that before saying that.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Malagar

@yudencow

well, better no alignments at all - just messes things up too much and adds to much extra book-keeping.

Agenda phase is okay, i already added it to the rulebook. Im just not sure if it is necessary to tutor a agenda automatically from your deck if you have none.

im more for a permanent, repeatable agenda on your nation card

yes, i support agendas being non-public. its not necessary in my eyes. but i could imagine a subtype called public-agendas, and those are attendable by all players.

@Dragoon

Yep, no alignments - but im still searching for something special to add. just a neat little special rule, a mechanic to add to the game to make it more unique. hey, its the galaxy!

well, maybe its better when i give the template a try later on  8)

yudencow

Dragoon, hold your horses, there is a civil way to say things, and you got to wear pants to do it. lol. I understand it's not fitting but it was on the top of my head so I brought it up. Your template is a nice start.

I'm against global agendas, keeping track on the is annoying. I'm for team agendas, other players can assist you complete your agendas, and sometimes they are necessary, but the player who brought it decides who to share the spoils. I'm the king of intrigue, Malagar.

r0cknes

@ Malagar

Everything Rises or Falls on leadership. The deck builder is the one who determines the "Goodness" or "Evilness" or a race. It seems redundant to me to have a game mechanic that determines your race's "goodness" or "Evilness" when you already determined that before the game. What if you have a double side nation cards. Tapped is War. Untapped is peace. One side is a good nation. The other side is an "evil" race. Each side would have a special agenda related to it.

I don't think we will need to find an agenda during the agenda phase.

Ascent

I think the split card mechanic shouldn't be over-used.

Making the deck builder the one who determines whether the deck is evil or not is certainly a viable option, but not the only one. SWTCCG, SWTCG and all the other Star Wars card games have been dependent on one side being dark and one light. You can also design specific factions to be predominantly evil or predominantly benevolent in their own ways. In Starcross I will be making whole strategies that are evil and strategies that are not evil within various power bases.

There are many ways to do it, none better than the next, because each is about flavor.

Malagar

This is my first try on a galaxian card template. im not satisfied with it at all - but its a start.

now, happy holidays to you all!

Dragoon

It's a start indeed.

What kind of stats are on the cards?

Malagar

Next iteration of the template is online and i like this one much, much, much better.

I can vary the background images, textures, distances, line thickness and fonts anyway you like. I think the basic layout is quite finished, it fits a "universal space template" quite good in my eyes. by varying color and textures we can adapt this template to other card types without changing too much.

@Dragoon:

Top left is Solaris cost, then (M)ilitary, (D)iplomacy, (I)ntrigue, (S)cience - the second template has also enough space for a fifth attribute.

Please ignore all card text for now. Also note that no card type should feature all stats at the same time, its still undecided if we display stat-boxes with zeroes in them or hide those stat-boxes.

did i miss any stuff on the template we need?

Merry christmas to you all!

yudencow

How are you making the awesome templates Malagar?
Is it just me or intrigue and diplomact are kind of stepping on the toes of one another, I think only one of them should stay.

Ascent

Intrigue involves scheming to undermine your opponent (Think along the lines of godmoding in forum RPGs. Diplomacy is negotiation with your opponent (Think along the lines of negotiating with someone for furthering the overall plot in a forum RPG). Intrigue is acquiring information and performing assassinations. Diplomacy is negotiating treaties and performing trade.

Dragoon

Cool template. Altough I think I've seen it somewhere before.... Gah.. who cares :P

Diplomacy/Intrigue is a bit the same. They have too much overlap at each other.

Also, merry christmas too all!

yudencow

Cyrus

Intrigue and Diplomacy are almost opposites, how is there overlap? Just gotta ask yourself - should a Spy have a high diplomacy stat?

Dragoon - I don't know if you meant to (or have meant to in the past, either), but you sort of come off as passive-aggressive. Are you trying to say that the template looks too common or like his other templates, or that they look like your templates, or what? Just come out and say it!!!!

Happy holidays to everybody!!!!!!!