News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New Card Game: Jacks n Fives

Started by Soccer1296, December 20, 2011, 04:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soccer1296

I've been wanting to make this game playable online so that everyone can play! (esp. with my friends from anywhere). I have NO idea on how to use this lackey software, so I was wondering if somebody could eitehr teach me how to do this or make the game for me. Its a really simple game, and I'll explain it to you in detail if somebody is willing to help. Thanks a bunch. :)

-Eddie

Soccer1296

oh, and if this clears anything up, it uses a standard deck of cards.

r0cknes

Go ahead and post the rules and I may be able to help you. If I can it would have to be in a while. I am pretty busy right now. I was thinking of adding a hearts plugin down the road anyway so I am sure this would not be too far off. I will let you know after I read the rules.

Soccer1296

Sweet! So I will post the rules right now:

Players: 4 (has to be 4)
Objective: To achieve the lowest amount of points possible per round.
Game ends when a player reaches 100 points (like in hearts)

Each player is dealt 4 cards. In terms of points, each card is given their respective value (ex. Ace is worth 1, 2 is worth 2, etc.) The Queen is worth 12 and King is worth 13. However, the Jack and the five of the deck are worth 0 points, hence the title "Jacks and Fives". The more of these cards you attain, the closer you are to a lower score.

The game is played in many rounds, such as Hearts. Once one round is over, and the points are added, a new round in started. I will get into depth of how rounds are ended later.

STeps:
Select a dealer. This person must deal 4 cards--2 cards in a top row and 2 cards in a bottom row--to each player. Begin dealing to the left and place the remainder of the deck in the middle of the card table. (Because this game is online, a dealer is not necessary, but the order in which players start each round becomes important later)
P.S - If possible, players have the ability to view their cards in whatever formation they desire, such as 4 in one row, or 2 on top and 2 on bottom, and can have the ability to adjust which card gets placed where.

Ensure that players not look at their top 2 cards at this time. Players may look at their bottom 2 cards at any time during the game, but should keep these cards a secret from the other players.

Direct players to take note of their bottom 2 cards as follows: Both Jacks and Fives are 0 points, Aces are 1 point, Queens and Kings are 10 points, and all other cards are worth their face value. They will not be able to view these cards again, and may only recollect them from memory.

Instruct the person to the right of the dealer  to begin play by selecting the top card from the middle deck. (so every new round, the person to the right of the previous starter starts the round) This player may keep the card or discard it. If he keeps it, he must trade it for one of his other 4 cards--even those 2 cards in the top row that the player was not able to see. Discard any unwanted card, whether pulled from the deck or traded, face-up in a new pile. Once a card is traded, it cannot be taken back from the player.

Tell the next player that he may either pull a new card from the face-down, middle deck and follow the instructions from Step 4, or take the previous player's traded card from the face-up, discard deck. As in Step 4, place any traded card face-up in the discard deck.

Continue playing this way until all players have had at least one opportunity to pull a new card from either the middle deck or the discard deck. At that point, play may continue until any one player ends the game by calling "Jacks and Fives" once when he is satisfied with his hand. (if possible, a sound clip of somebody knocking the table would be appropriate when pressing this button on the LackeyCCG interface) After somebody calls "Jacks and Fives", the other 3 players get one more turn before turning over their cards and counting the totals.

Whoever achieved the lowest score of the round earns a 0. Everybody else adds up their scores according to the score guide (Jacks and fives = 0, Ace = 1, 2-10= 2-10 (respectively) King =13 Queen = 12).
P.S - If the person who calls "Jacks and Fives" does not attain the lowest point total, their points for that round are doubled.

8 Continue repeating steps 1-7 until a Player reaches over 100 points. Whoever has the lowest point total at that point in time wins the game.

I hope this was informative. If need be I can film a "mock game" so you can see how this should look like in real time. Thanks so much!! Im really hoping that this can be made so my friends and I can still play this online when we all go to college next year. :((

-Eddie

Cyrus

Sounds like a really fun game, might try to teach my roomies! haha

r0cknes

Ok I will work on it. I think your explanation is good enough. You are never able to look at the toP 2 cards, but you may look at the bottom 2 cards only at the beginning right?

Have you played any games on lackey before? Before I spend anytime on this I want to make sure it will have your desired affect. The way lackey works is like moving pictures of cards around on a virtual table. It is not like a video game. It is more like playing a game of cards on a regular table. I am just letting you know this so that you are not disappointed by the result.

Soccer1296

yea thats exactly what i thought, cards on a tabel, which is PERFECT. This card is played on a table, and it requires nothing other than four people, and a deck of cards. I really like to compare these game to Hearts, because thats kinda what it is, with some tweaks. :) and I appreciate you doing this for me!

and Yes you are never allowed to look at the top 2 cards, and only allowed to look at the bottom 2 at the beginning of the game, and then those cards will have to be placed upside-down on the table as well. :)

i hope this turns out well. :) thanks again for your help.

-Eddie

Soccer1296

OH, and one more thing that I forgot to include in the instructions. When a player calls "Jacks and Fives" his turn is skipped while the other 3 players get one more chance to pull from the deck or choose a card from the discard deck. :)