News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help Creating a Plugin, Basics

Started by Dangazzm, December 28, 2011, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangazzm

I went through the tutorial and I thought I understood it... I AM SURE it is something small I am missing but anyways.

I want to make a simple plugin so that it could act as a basic deck editor for a game called Shadow Era. I made a little program to download all the images, so I got them and they are named by number they are in the set: se001, se002 ETC thankfully the people at Shadow era made this easy as that is what they are named by default ;)

Anyways I made my carddata.txt and everything yet no cards appear in the deck editor? I have been messing with it for a while with 0 progress. Am I missing a link to tell Lackey that carddata.txt is my database of cards? I can and will provide more info if needed. Thank you in advance.

Trevor

Post your actual files (not copy/paste). You likely don't have the card data file formatted correctly. It needs to be tab delimitted text and the first three column headers must be Name, Set, ImageFile.

r0cknes

I had a problem a while back where my computer would add "" 's around everything when I copied it from excel to notepad. Maybe that is it too. Either way we need to see the files.

Dangazzm

My internet is being horrible at the moment, I think it is my router. Anyways I am working on that so hopefully these files get to you guys, I really appreciate the help.

I did format the columns properly, but I wonder if I messed up it being a tab delimeted file thingy... BAH why can't it be a simple CSV instead? Lol

I took the file from open office, pasted it in Google docs then re-saved it and told it to do it in a txt file and it looks like it did the file perfectly. I don't have Excel or anything like that, anyways I will let you guys play with it for now. I am off to play with my router some more before I break it.

Files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w0oxtm

Trevor

Quote from: Dangazzm on December 29, 2011, 03:00:14 AM
My internet is being horrible at the moment, I think it is my router. Anyways I am working on that so hopefully these files get to you guys, I really appreciate the help.

I did format the columns properly, but I wonder if I messed up it being a tab delimeted file thingy... BAH why can't it be a simple CSV instead? Lol

I took the file from open office, pasted it in Google docs then re-saved it and told it to do it in a txt file and it looks like it did the file perfectly. I don't have Excel or anything like that, anyways I will let you guys play with it for now. I am off to play with my router some more before I break it.

Files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w0oxtm
I don't know what's up with that download link. Please link to the actual file online so it can easily be downloaded.

Dangazzm

Hmm it is working for me, I shall upload to another site though!

http://www.mediafire.com/?2im9pvklak2kauo

Trevor

Quote from: Dangazzm on December 29, 2011, 01:42:16 PM
Hmm it is working for me, I shall upload to another site though!

http://www.mediafire.com/?2im9pvklak2kauo
The problem is you are using the wrong format of plugininfo.txt. Whatever plugin you based yours on is old and not one you should use. Refer to the plugin tutorial page about how to make a proper plugininfo.txt.

Dangazzm

Ahh hah, see I copied that from the war3000 plugin because mine wasn't working. I will give it another shot. Thank you.

Dangazzm

Ok so I changed it to just this

<plugin>

<gamezone>
      <label>Hand</label>
     <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
     <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
      <label>Deck</label>
      <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
</gamezone>

</plugin>

It still isn't finding the cards or something, because nothing is showing up in the deck editor.

Trevor

Quote from: Dangazzm on December 29, 2011, 04:37:39 PM
Ok so I changed it to just this

<plugin>

<gamezone>
      <label>Hand</label>
     <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
      <label>Deck</label>
      <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
</gamezone>

</plugin>

It still isn't finding the cards or something, because nothing is showing up in the deck editor.
Then the problem is with your card data file. Confirm that it begins with exactly: NameTABSetTABImageFileTAB
and confirm that the columns of data line up right. Any spreadsheet program should show you if things line up correctly, and any simple text editor should show you if you have invisible characters that are messing things up.