News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Tokens?

Started by Channelfurball, January 02, 2010, 08:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aardvark

Quote from: TokimoIf we want to get tokens in the magic plugin the first and primary thing to do would be to talk to the current plugin maintainer about it. Offer to do some of the legwork and see what he says. Avoid forks whenever possible, forks are bad (For an open source metaphor).

True, it would be nice to work with the maintainer on any project one might have but if s/he doesn't want to cooperate I would much rather play my version with someone who is willing to use the same plugin then to play the other. *shrug*

By the by, Bort is the one to see about this right?

Tokimo

That's the nature of forks. If the project maintainer doesn't want to include awesome, you have two bad choices. Go without awesome or fork. :(

I assume Bort will be receptive to token work though, since it seems like a pretty positive addition.

dvigh420

that would be a freaking amazing idea in my opinion.. hats off to the man who actually makes it happen

Tokimo

Personally, the things I want to see most is alternate land arts and extra zones to assist in deck building / extra zones for weird games / whatever. Tokens and a zone to store them in would be very amazing (and then I could have sliver tokens :))

aardvark

besides the token zone what other kind of zone would you want to see? or was I just reading too much into that statement?

Tokimo

ExtraZone1 ExtraZone2 ExtraZone3...

That would let me subdivide cards as I was deck building (sort my land into one zone, sort my critters into another, and use the other zones to break down effects (maybe I have a lot of graveyard manipulation and a lot of threat removal).

Of course, I'd start building decks for Land-Library magic and invite people to play it where you put your castables in the Library and your lands in ExtraZone1 (and then can choose which one to draw/discard from).

aardvark

Damn my extreme distractability. I've got the magic TEST plugin done. If anybody's interested I'll upload it somewheres.