LackeyCCG Forum > Plugins & Plugin Creation Forum

Tokens?

<< < (2/5) > >>

aardvark:
is confuzzled

I guess they remedied that because I've been able to use all the different forests that I place into the deck. Or so I thought, ow, you made me think dammit.

Channelfurball:
I'm of the belief that these two features were not included for the same reason: namely, that it would have taken even longer to create the plugin had they made all the tokens and, ESPECIALLY, four times as many land cards as they did. I do not fault the creators for this in the least (though I do wish they had chosen different arts when two sets contained the same ones : / and different arts, in general for some sets) - quite to the contrary: I completely understand how a project like this can get out of hand, but I should think there would be updates for new sets, and that somewhere in there a tokens 'pack' or something to that effect could have been/could be slipped in. I've read the thing about alternate land arts per each set before, so I was aware of that, but it doesn't really seem like a PROBLEM, per se, just that it wasn't done. That's why I was wondering if anyone knew if I could just add them myself without completely throwing off the plugin. It isn't difficult to copy a card image, edit it to the correct size and save it as a jpeg in the correct folder. Nor is anything in the text documents very complicated looking. I was simply wondering what all was involved in editing/adding to a plugin in this way - or if it was even possible at all without destroying the plugin - or if I would have to create an entirely new set for the tokens or something (which doesn’t seem likely to me). I saw on some site tokens that someone had made themselves for Lackey as an addition to the Magic plugin, so it seems it can be done, but it was weird because their addition included things that didn't seem to be 1) related or 2) anything different than what the plugin already had, though other parts had obvious effect - which is what made me wonder, in the first place, if there was more involved than it seemed.

aardvark:
As far as copying is concerned, yes you can simply edit another image to match the dimensions. I tested this with netrunner; one of the images was rather fuzzy so I found another one, resized it and replaced the original.

Now, the plugin is another matter. This should provide some insight into how to modify the plugin. I hope.

Hope that helps.

Channelfurball:
Ooo, I hadn't actually thought of that - I was more concerned about the token issue than the land art, which was kind of a wish than an immediate concern, but you're right, there is nothing stopping anyone from switching card arts out 1-for-1. That's at least one option; unfortunately, it isn't my primary concern at the moment.

Tokimo:

--- Quote from: Channelfurball on January 03, 2010, 07:37:29 AM ---Ooo, I hadn't actually thought of that - I was more concerned about the token issue than the land art, which was kind of a wish than an immediate concern, but you're right, there is nothing stopping anyone from switching card arts out 1-for-1. That's at least one option; unfortunately, it isn't my primary concern at the moment.

--- End quote ---

If you mean replacing Muscle Sliver with Squirrel Token, yes there is. If you're playing online your opponent sees their copy of the image for the card, not yours. So you'd see Card A, they'd see card B, confusion would erupt.

You can however perform some modifications to the plugin without the world exploding (I use this trick to make my magic plugin show an edit note button that I can click once to bring up the edit note window)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version