News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

AdventureQuest CCG Project

Started by Dragoon, December 30, 2011, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Example of a character card.

This character has an influence cost of 11. And has 2 leadership, 5 exploration, 4 attack, and 0 defence. She's ranged (Ranged icon right) And has the poison arrow special ability (Which you have to discard the character from your hand in order to use. Adding this card to your quest track allows you to recruit a character from your hand each turn.

Also, she's a wilderness character (Wilderness icon)

Malagar

Really good work, this is the best version of your template i have seen so far.

Dragoon

gods.. Far too many stats now I review it... There are SEVEN on it, and I even forget some! Ugh, back to the drawing table... -_-

r0cknes

I very much like much of what you come up with. I do have one question slightly off topic though. I have on occasion wanted to design fantasy or space games of my own, but artwork is a major setback for me? Where do you find your artwork, or how do you successfully search for it?

Dragoon

I usually take art from Deviantart.com (if the author's allow it, of course) & the blizzard fan art gallery

Malagar

you could easily remove that archer icon, as it is clear that shes an archer - and the icon does not serve a real purpose

and: what about those two icons in the lower right? do you really need them?

what i do often is, that when a ability is 0 (like defense on your card) i remove the icon alltogether from the card. say you have 7 abilities in total but a card features only 3 abilities, this lets you remove 4 icons from the card alltogether.

Dragoon

The archer icon is a keyword icon. She has ranged.

I won't remove icons if the stat is 0. What if you ever need to compare them?