News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

show 12 card per row in view tiled card on 16:9 moniter

Started by yunari, December 31, 2011, 03:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yunari

View tile card in deck editor is very useful for me for counting all kind of card in deck quickly and fine balance deck later.  It could show all 60 card in deck perfectly in 4:3 aspect moniter.

However when show on 16:9 moniter

Screen got wider but card still use 10 card per row so card taller than it should be make it barely able to display 41+card, and card game we most playing are using 60 card per deck. Newer PC also shipped with 16:9 monither so this problem seem unevitable.
My solution is display 12 card per row when program windows size are suspect to run on 16:9 screen moniter. So all 60 card could show on 5 row. Most card are pack in 4 or 3 per deck so there should not much distortion to this arrangement.
Psudo code should be like this.
/*in my case exact windows size are 1366x758*/
If ((WindowsXSize/WindowsYSize)>1.66) then
  CardPerRow=12
else
  CardPerRow=10
after card per row increased to 12 cardsize will reduce by 1/6 so when card stack up to 5 card Y space needed will reduce by 1/6*5=5/6 so there will enough space to display fifth row card as well.
PS. Shall minor glitch and new feature request are posing on this topic? I will write these topic later when I am free.

Trevor

I find your english a little hard to understand.

You can change the size of the tiled cards, and therefore how many fit per row, by using the mouse scroll wheel while in the deck editor. When you first open it, if I recall correctly it defaults to the size that would make 10 columns.

I know this is less intuitive than the scroll wheel, but you can also click and drag up and down on the large card image at the top left and it will also zoom the tiled card images.

yunari

It got somewhat work now thanks. I did not see these info from guideline, it should be useful for someone.
Click and drag up/down did not work for my system did some mouse driver convert those action into wheel up and down? just to mention there is no need to fix this.
And some comment about this feature.
Could it increase/decrease amount of image per row instead of card size? for example 1 wheel move is change amout of image per row by one.  No one want to waste their space unless it is exact image size. The real problem is lackey update 200 ms per each frame  on my system which running on Pentiium core solo U3500 1.4 ghz and INTEL G4500 MHD graphic ship. That end up with 200msX9 step for it.
Another solution is save current resize value and use it as default for the next time lackey restarted. So user don`t have to do it again.

Trevor

If lackey is slow on your computer, this is very likely due to you having an outdated driver, usually openGL.

A scroll up or down incrementing the number of columns is a bad idea because that is far too much change for such a little input. A small turn of the wheel, in that paradigm, would likely be far more than intended.

I think things are working pretty well with the current settings. I know the interface isn't that intuitive for increasing the number columns while tiled, but that isn't too important, and I don't think it is worth complicating the interface to make the column controls more apparent.

r0cknes

For what it is worth I agree with you trevor. I figured this stuff out on accident.