News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Testing the Waters

Started by Zevuel, January 03, 2012, 02:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zevuel

Hey there.  I'm new to the site and the program, but one vice of mine is for trading card games.  That's not to say I've ever been amazing at any of them (though decent at magic) but I enjoy playing, collecting, and on occasion creating.

First, I was interested in creating my own game.  I'm not asking for a team for development, or artists, but I would hopefully like to throw ideas out and see what people think.  I've played a good number of tcgs, though not nearly as many as a lot of people, and I think it would be fun to create a new game that people will actually like to play.  Post here or send me a message if you're interested.

Second, I was wondering if anyone has heard of an existing tcg called Aquarian Age.  It's a Japanese card game that's still ongoing.  While I haven't played too many games, I have some of the cards, know most of the rules, and think there are a couple of interesting aspects of the game.  Anyway, aside from creating a new game, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in putting together a plugin for this one.

Trevor

Is playing CCGs really a vice?

Zevuel

It is when it eats up all your money.

Ascent

Yes, TCG's are as addicting as hydroponic marijuana.  :(

Cyrus

well all the sudden this thread is hilarious

(but both of the previous posts are 100% truth)

Dragoon

Hence the moniker "cardboard crack"  ;)

Monox D. I-Fly

Quote from: Zevuel on January 03, 2012, 02:48:58 PM
Second, I was wondering if anyone has heard of an existing tcg called Aquarian Age.  It's a Japanese card game that's still ongoing.  While I haven't played too many games, I have some of the cards, know most of the rules, and think there are a couple of interesting aspects of the game.  Anyway, aside from creating a new game, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in putting together a plugin for this one.

I have heard about it, in a research paper about CCG. It compares mechanics from 3 different CCGs: Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Aquarian Age. I knew nothing else about Aquarian Age besides the ones said on the paper.