News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

A couple questions ?

Started by Bis2Fioute, January 29, 2012, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bis2Fioute

Hey there,

First, I discovered Lackey this week and I must say : great idea !!

Although the plugins are good, I'm looking into modifying a couple of them so they fit my way of playing a little better and, after reading the forum and the tutorial, I still have some questions I hope you can answer :

- Can I transfer more than one card at a time / from more than one gamezone in one click ? Draw two treasure cards and two door cards for example.
>> /fN1;/fN1;/fN2;/fN2 as a canned message
(where N1 & N2 are the number of your general functions)

- Can I combine two actions in one card function/general function ? For example, have a card turned over and tapped in one click ?

- Can I change the background as I change decks ? For example having a space background when I play Starmunchkin and a dojo background when I play Fu Munchkin.
>> /loadplaymat FILENAME

- Is there a card function to send a card from the table to a gamezone (shared or not) ?
>> No, click & slide is the way to go

Thanks, keep up the good work.

edit: I posted the answers of what I figured out thanks to Trevor.

Saethori

None of the card or background functions you mentioned currently exist within Lackey.

Trevor

I believe almost all of those can be done with log commands.

http://lackeyccg.com/tutoriallogcommands.html

As far as a function to move a card from the table to a game zone, that isn't done by implementing a card function. A card function is for altering a card (like turning or adding counters to it). Moving a card isn't the same as altering a card. There are a number of ways to do everything. Among other ways, to move a card, you can right click it and "Send to". But the simplest, and probably the best way is to click and drag a card. And you can drop the card a bunch of different places, in a bunch of different ways. (You can drop it on tabs, in zone areas, drop it to the bottom, drop it face down, or many other options.)
I actually think a lot of people expect to be able to do complicated functions on cards, but in reality just dragging and dropping is the most elegant, simple, intuitive, fastest, and most comprehensible solution.

Bis2Fioute

Thanks, I almost did everything I wanted to.

I understood that the general functions are 1, 2, 3,... but I cannot figure out what number the card functions are ? any pointers here ?

Trevor

I don't understand what you mean. Refer to http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html or be more specific about what you mean.

Bis2Fioute

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Let me give you the example :

I have 3 general functions, I call them in the command log with "/f1", "/f2" and "/f3"
"/f4" brings the function toggle maker
"/f5" brings the function clear maker

Then I have 3 card functions and I don't know how to call them in the command log
when I select a card and type "/f6" : it brings the error message : function not registered or something like that.

Ultimately, I would like to have a canned message to realize several card functions at once.

Hope that's better, if it's still unclear let me know.
Thanks.

Trevor

Oh, so you are saying you want card functions to work as log commands like general functions do?

I was originally thinking it unwise to use card functions like that because they require cards to be selected. But on second thought, I just implemented them.

You can either do "/cardfunction1" or "/c1". And likewise, the other integers work.

You can now string them together like /c1;/c5

Note: A card function only works on selected cards, and some card functions deselect the cards after they are performed (like turning a card). So if you want a function to both turn a card and add a counter, make sure you call the function that deselects the cards last.
That also means that you can only use one function that deselects cards in a string of functions.

This feature will be live next version I post. It was prematurely added at http://lackeyccg.com/tutoriallogcommands.html.

Bis2Fioute

Awesome !! That is exactly what I needed.

Unfortunalty, I checked the card functions I wanted to combine (Turnover, rotateX?, prevent-from-refreshing) and most (if not all) of them unselect the card at the end.

Thanks for your precious help.

Trevor

Ok, I supposed I will tinker with the code more to not have them deselect in the middle of a chain.

Bis2Fioute

Hello again,

I have a new question : I have card images of different sizes, is there a way to have them displayed in a fixed size (let's say 250x400 for example) ?
Nevermind, I found a program that resizes batches of images, sorry.

Thanks