News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Question For Game

Started by Ryu12190, January 30, 2012, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryu12190

I Am Trying To Make A Tabletop Game And Wanted To Know If I Can Either 3D Images or Remove The Square Go Away When Cards Stand

Trevor

What do you mean by 3D images?  The border is currently not able to be disabled.

r0cknes

I think I know what you are talking about and no there is no 3D cards. The card images are treated as the old computer game sprites. If you are looking down at the board they will look to be flat, but if you look from the side of the board they would appear to be standing. If you are looking to make realistic miniature figurines with lackey, then this may be the wrong program for you.

Ryu12190

Quote from: r0cknes on January 30, 2012, 08:55:38 PM
I think I know what you are talking about and no there is no 3D cards. The card images are treated as the old computer game sprites. If you are looking down at the board they will look to be flat, but if you look from the side of the board they would appear to be standing. If you are looking to make realistic miniature figurines with lackey, then this may be the wrong program for you.
thanks for the answer and also do u know of any program that is as easy to use and can allow me to do so

Trevor

If you are talking about 3D models, I am looking to add this to lackey. I've made a lot of steps to this end under the hood, but I haven't found any good code to load animated 3D models. As soon as I find a good library (and 3d file formats) I will be able to add this functionality.

MegaMan

adding this feature would make hero clix playable in lackey

Trevor

Quote from: MegaMan on January 30, 2012, 11:20:12 PM
adding this feature would make hero clix playable in lackey
You don't need 3D models to play miniatures games. It would look cooler, but it isn't necessary.

I believe miniatures games can be played now, and if there is more functionality needed to play them, I will implement it.

Ryu12190

i found another way to go with my new game so not needed but thanks for the help