News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Battlestar galactica CCG

Started by Dabem, February 08, 2012, 04:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dabem

I'm pretty close to finishing the battlestar galactica CCG

I know I said i would first get working on it about 6 months ago but life got in the way. Kiloecho is willing to host the plugin. There are only a few changes I would like to make to the card functions and general functions before we release it to the general public.

With that in mind is there any way to change the default action when you double click on something?
I would like it to exhaust/restore a card (flip the card over) when you double click, but currently it taps the card which is not used as often in BSG. Is there a setting I can change?

Trevor

There are many ways to do things. There's about different 10 ways to flip a card over. Instead of double clicking, you can control+click it, among other ways. I don't want to have plugins changing things like double-click behavior because it would be pretty inconsistent when switching between plugins.

Dabem

Ok. That's very understandable.

I'll let you know when the BSG plugin is ready for general consumption.

Dabem

Is there a clear all function that functions like 'clearcard' for all your cards?

If not, why not?

----
Edit: I just noticed something else that would make playing BSG way easier. Is there a transfercard function that isn't so generic? Something that could transfer a specific card to the table face down?

For the time being we've been flipping the cards over while they are still in our hands and then dropping them on the table.

r0cknes

Reference the lord of the rings lcg plugin. It's draw shadow card function draws a card face down on the table.

Dabem

I don't need to draw cards face down. That's easy enough with transfercard.

What I need to do is move a specific card from my hand to the table face down.
For instance I decide to play 'red: you're an evil cylon' face down as a supply card
I flip it while it's still in my hand.
I then drag it to the table under my asset card.

It's only one extra click, but I was wondering if we could do both those things with one function.

Thank you R0cknes for the reference. Perhaps I was not specific enough with the type of action it is.

Trevor

Quote from: Dabem on February 13, 2012, 07:53:36 PM
I don't need to draw cards face down. That's easy enough with transfercard.

What I need to do is move a specific card from my hand to the table face down.
For instance I decide to play 'red: you're an evil cylon' face down as a supply card
I flip it while it's still in my hand.
I then drag it to the table under my asset card.

It's only one extra click, but I was wondering if we could do both those things with one function.

Thank you R0cknes for the reference. Perhaps I was not specific enough with the type of action it is.
While dragging it to the table, hold control key to drop it face down. Combing functions is more trouble than its worth because you still need to have the individual functions separately. So if you want to also have functions for combinations, you need lots and lots of buttons for all the permutations, and things quickly become unusable. I think things are the best the way they are now.
If you want, you can make a transfer card to send the first card in your hand face down to the table, but you're probably better off just dragging it and holding control so if falls face down.

Arwym

I've never played the game. Can't wait to try it.

Dabem

glad there is some interest here.

Thanks for informing me of the ctrl functionality. That's exactly what I wanted and I had no idea it existed. Should maybe I include some instructions with the plugin to explain some of the easiest ways to do things?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I drag a card and hold control I see the image of the back of the card and it says 'flipping' in the upper left corner. However, when I let go of the mouse the card doesn't move at all. Did I mis-set a preference or otherwise do something that disabled this awesome feature?

Edit-----
So after toying around a little bit I found out that it was because I had 'using a one-button mouse' selected. I took it off because I think I can still use the command key to get to the right-click menus. Now this weird thing is going on where everytime I move a card it says 'dabem makes cylon missile battery face up.

So after my joy of making the drag+ctrl feature work I discovered there is another awesome feature of ctrl+click flipping a card. That's perfect simple and quick. I love it. Are there any more simple mouse+key combinations I should know about?

Trevor

Quote from: Dabem on February 21, 2012, 01:53:55 AM
glad there is some interest here.

Thanks for informing me of the ctrl functionality. That's exactly what I wanted and I had no idea it existed. Should maybe I include some instructions with the plugin to explain some of the easiest ways to do things?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I drag a card and hold control I see the image of the back of the card and it says 'flipping' in the upper left corner. However, when I let go of the mouse the card doesn't move at all. Did I mis-set a preference or otherwise do something that disabled this awesome feature?

Edit-----
So after toying around a little bit I found out that it was because I had 'using a one-button mouse' selected. I took it off because I think I can still use the command key to get to the right-click menus. Now this weird thing is going on where everytime I move a card it says 'dabem makes cylon missile battery face up.

So after my joy of making the drag+ctrl feature work I discovered there is another awesome feature of ctrl+click flipping a card. That's perfect simple and quick. I love it. Are there any more simple mouse+key combinations I should know about?
http://lackeyccg.com/tutorial.html

Dabem

Hmmm... I looked through the tutorial many times now. I didn't see anything able drag+ctrl or ctrl+click

What can I do about the annoy habit of it saying 'dabem makes cylon missile battery face up' in the log every time I move a card. Do you suggest I get a two button mouse? Will that even help?

Trevor

Quote from: Dabem on February 27, 2012, 01:47:17 AM
Hmmm... I looked through the tutorial many times now. I didn't see anything able drag+ctrl or ctrl+click

What can I do about the annoy habit of it saying 'dabem makes cylon missile battery face up' in the log every time I move a card. Do you suggest I get a two button mouse? Will that even help?
Are you using the "use 1-button mouse" preference?

Dabem

Quote from: Trevor on February 27, 2012, 02:52:27 AMAre you using the "use 1-button mouse" preference?
Quote from: Dabem on February 21, 2012, 01:53:55 AMThanks for informing me of the ctrl functionality. That's exactly what I wanted and I had no idea it existed. Should maybe I include some instructions with the plugin to explain some of the easiest ways to do things?

Edit-----

Nope I turned it off to make the drag+ctrl to flip feature work

Dabem

It seems to be fixed in the new build of lackey