News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MSE and Lackey CCG

Started by MOON-E, February 08, 2012, 10:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOON-E

So up until recently I've been using the Lackey CCG plugin for MSE (magic set editor) to make custom magic sets. Perviously, I've been able to play with my friends by giving them a copy of the file and connecting online.

Ever since the latest lackey update, the MSE exporter hasn't been working. I know the problem is directly related to this update because my files worked before the update and stopped working immediately after (and I've found others with similar problems.)

Does anybody know what's wrong or how to fix it? Even if you don't know anything about MSE, you can still help. The MSE exporter creates 2 files: a folder with all the card images, and a text document with all of the card information. Did one of these two things change in any way since the last update?

Trevor

If the old exporter is not outputting a sound column, that would be the issue. Just use excel to manually insert one.

To use custom sets, you need to also alter or delete ListOfCardDataFiles.txt. If you delete it, Lackey will attempt to read any card data files in the sets folder (even ones you may not want it to). If you alter ListOfCardDataFiles.txt and add your card data file to the list, everyone who does this also needs to make the same change. Or you can simply append your cards to the end of the single card data file.

Remember, you should not attempt to play with anyone who does not have the same version of the plugin as you do. You will be warned about this by seeing their game name in red on the server, and also given a message in the game log when a player with a different plugin version tries to join.

MOON-E

Thanks a ton! Deleting the list of card data file did the trick. I want to thank you for continuing to support Lackey as actively as you do. Hopefully my friends and I will be able to enjoy your program for years to come. Thanks again!

innuendo

I wrote that export script for mse. You can actually go in and edit it yourself to make it export to match the current plugin.

Sounds like Bort changes the plugin columns a bit, but I don't have the magic plugin on my computer currently.