News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic TCG plugin, confusing me a bit.

Started by Confusion, February 13, 2012, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Confusion

First off, I'm not positive as to which section this would be in, plugins, o bug reports.
If it is in the wrong section, I apologize, feel free to move it.

Anyway, I've tried multiple times now to update my Magic plugin, each time i'm able to update it once, and then the second time I update it farther, it reverts back to the very first original plugin before it was updated whatsoever. I'm not really sure what would cause this, or why everyone else I know who uses it was able to install and update it with ease, but I've tried it on both medium and high, both of which do the same thing. I guess my overall final question would be; Why is it happening? And how would I go about avoiding it. Any general information as to what may be happening would be much appreciated, thanks. ???

Edit: I guess it would be useful information that I removed the Magic plugin and installed the high version, rather than medium, to see if it would work that way, but it does not. No matter how many times I update it, it always shows the same exact thing in the update list, and my total amount of cards fluctuates between 4300-5300 and as I was informed, there are over seventeen thousand. I don't understand how updating it would make me LOSE cards.. But.. I've tried updating it by putting the link in the bar a few times, and I've tried updating by simply pressing the install or update a plugin button, that one of which I've done over twenty times now, 5 on medium, and 15+ on high.  :-\

Trevor

I can think of 2 things that may be causing this.

You may have internet cache issues. Try clearing your computer's internet cache and relaunching your computer and trying again.

The other issue is you may have more than one installation of Lackey on your computer and you are confusing them. This seems silly, but this happens a lot more often than you think. And all of the people are certain that this is not their problem until they discover it is.

Confusion

Alright, thank you for the info. I'll clear my cache, and restart my computer.
Though, while those other people may have been certain it wasn't their problem, I'm absolutely positive it isn't, though I'll look into it anyway, for the sake of looking like a fool when I'm somewhow wrong.  ::)

Edit: I searched my computer's directory for a second Lackey, there wasn't one, I searched roaming, for cautionary purposes, nothing. So then I moved on, deleted my cookies, cache, etc.
Restarted my computer, tried to update it, and it still does the same thing.

Trevor

What exactly is your update problem? What specifically makes you think something isn't working?

You can also try completely deleting your old Lackey folder, and redownloading it, and then redownloading the plugin.

Your operating system could be doing some weird thing, like some computers are set to revert any changes that were done on the computer to some initial state.

Saethori

One important question to consider, here...

Is this happening with any other plugin? That's kind of the key to know whether it's precisely the Magic plugin that's at fault (which has been known for being a bit buggy), or your system that's the issue.

Confusion

The issue is that when I update it, I don't get all of the cards, like I said, it tops out at around 5,300 cards total, and if I try to update it again, I actually LOSE cards that I had, so it ends up around 4,300 cards total. I had removed Lackey and completely downloaded everything again, and tried updating the plugin, and it still did the same thing. And no, it doesn't do this with any other plugins, I successfully installed and updated the Yugioh plugin, and had all of the cards, and everything worked fine.

jorch72

What I've found is that sometimes there are problems with downloads within lackey (don't really know why, size, drivers, timeouts, etc), so what I do is download and look at the updatelist.txt and download manually the important files to their correct locations inside the plugin folder and then I load the plugin within lackey. And finally use lackey to download the images with the button. Unfortunately this also sometimes fails (for example in my case the GI Joe plugin), so I had to write my own program that downloads the files (God I love being a programmer!)
If you'd like I can zip it up and put it somewhere so that you can download it. Maybe the next updates will work?

Trevor

Do you mean you aren't get the card images, or the cards?