News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card's personal mana mechanic

Started by yudencow, February 14, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yudencow

Every effect the card uses costs him his own personal mana called "Will".
Once Will runs out, you have to tap the card twice meaning it can only be used again in 2 turns.
At any time, you can flip the card to recover all the source, but it costs the player's Mana to flip it.
When youare flipped, you are flipepd back, when an enmy attacks it.
In my game, you can target individiual units, but units near it my block if untapped.
Once you are flipped you give to your player 1 Mana each turn.
Source ranges between 3-7

Pros:
Allows more variety of units.

Cons:
Extra count die ont he card
Lots of die moving

Please tell what you think about that mechanic, also what do you think about using dice as counters?

innuendo

Sounds a lot like a planeswalker that doesn't die when it loses all it's life but instead "exhausts" or something for 2 turns before it recovers. It's interesting, and I can certainly see were card localized resources are interesting and could be nice. it moves the game towards board game from card game (assuming that is a continuum, which I believe it is). A great example would be using ship cards that had energy for their shields/weapons etc (ala every sci fi show ever "divert power to shields")

Dice as counters are fine though, if your game is suitably complex and that's what you want. You do have to embrace it though. If you have one complex counter type on a card, it's probably best to have no other counters on a card.

Curious to see what you have put together.

yudencow

Thanks innuendo for your input.
Each unit card has a health die and a source die. If it gets it by an effect, it also has a token and a cooldown die on it.
My game is quite complex but it is quite fast paced because every card doesn't have a lot of things to do.
once i'll get somethings i'll post the rulebook.