News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Wine is broken

Started by Ertai87, February 20, 2012, 10:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertai87

Ubuntu user here, running Lackeyccg through Wine.  I haven't used Lackey for a while, since mid-January, but I just updated and something got broken.  Wine crashes when I try to run Lackey using it.  Please fix.  I can post a stacktrace, but it looks like gibberish to me so I don't know if it'll be helpful at all.

Trevor

Quote from: Ertai87 on February 20, 2012, 10:29:50 PM
Ubuntu user here, running Lackeyccg through Wine.  I haven't used Lackey for a while, since mid-January, but I just updated and something got broken.  Wine crashes when I try to run Lackey using it.  Please fix.  I can post a stacktrace, but it looks like gibberish to me so I don't know if it'll be helpful at all.
You may need to install a windows library. Google the error message you get. I forget what library it is. It's been mentioned on this board, but I forget the name.

Ertai87

Quote from: Trevor on February 20, 2012, 11:03:17 PM
You may need to install a windows library. Google the error message you get. I forget what library it is. It's been mentioned on this board, but I forget the name.

The error message I got is nonsensical.  I tried Googling it but Google didn't come up with anything noteworthy.  Here's the error message for you:

wine: Call from 0x7b839d82 to unimplemented function msvcp90.dll.??0?$basic_ifstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE@XZ, aborting

Trevor

I can't find the link. Does anyone recall what that windows pack is that some people need to install on linux?

billylee174

Quote from: Trevor on February 20, 2012, 11:03:17 PM

I have no problems with Wine (using Ubuntu 11.04), but I don't know how to see the libraries involved. I can help if I know how. The only issue I have is that it loads "invisible". I have to move the invisible window in order for it to appear. That may have something to do with dual monitor.

Trevor

Google msvcp90.dll and WINE.

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-bb6a7a98ea5016383c4f81717063463e5217c3bf

Missing DLLs that can be installed with winetricks:

MFC90.DLL, MSVCP90.DLL and friends: run winetricks and select vcrun2008 (MS Visual C++ 2008 libraries: mfc90,msvcp90,msvcr90)

Ertai87

Alright, that seems to have fixed it.  Thanks =D