News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New plugin from MSE doesn't load

Started by Ripplez, February 24, 2012, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripplez

hi. i made a plugin using the mse exporter from the mse patcher thing, which gives only the cardinfo.txt file and the images folder. i then did this :

i copied the general setimages folder from war3000 and put it in my setimages folder.
i i copied hte setlist.txt file and changed it to my set file
i copied the plugininfo file from war3000 and added it to mine (im simply trying to make the plugin work)
i copied and pasted a working pluginfile from a different working but 1 year-old plugin
i opened the text file that was exported in google spreadsheets, added another column named sound and left it blank. i then saved it as a .tsv. then i copied and tried with a renamed extension as a .txt file or leaving it as .tsv, making changes in the setlist as necessary
i opened the setfile, added a space between Sound and the next word. they had merged together for some reason

i opened lackeyccg regularly throughout this. it refused to load the plugin, it just shows up as a greyed out bar in the plugin loader selection box. idk what to do. any help would be appreciated. here is my folder as is -

http://speedy.sh/9NTCW/Conflict-Through-The-Cosmos.rar

id appreciate any help. the game is close to playtesting, just needs the plugin before i can get my friends and start

Trevor

Ripplez

thank you for responding. ive done the plugininfo.txt as best as i could but it still isnt working, with the same error as before : it isnt selectable for loading. i used the tutorial. here is the new one :

http://speedy.sh/ejnds/Conflict-Through-The-Cosmos.rar

the cttc1 before the spreadsheet change is also in there

and thanks again for reading it. thisll be the first plugin i ever made that i decided to follow through with

Trevor

Quote from: Ripplez on February 24, 2012, 02:23:25 PM
thank you for responding. ive done the plugininfo.txt as best as i could but it still isnt working, with the same error as before : it isnt selectable for loading. i used the tutorial. here is the new one :

http://speedy.sh/ejnds/Conflict-Through-The-Cosmos.rar

the cttc1 before the spreadsheet change is also in there

and thanks again for reading it. thisll be the first plugin i ever made that i decided to follow through with
You aren't supposed to have spaces in plugin names (or any folder/file names).

"setsimages" is not the name of the folder. It should be "setimages".

You have 2 card data files, including an apparently old one named "cttc1-prespreadsheet change.txt" in your sets folder. Unless you use a special file called "ListOfCardDataFiles.txt" defined in your plugin folder, then every text file in your sets folder will be read. In other words, use a "ListOfCardDataFiles.txt" or make sure every file in your sets folder is intentionally put there.

Your card data file is missing entries for the second column. The first 3 columns are not optional and must be filled with something for the card entry row to be considered valid.

Your card data file has some characters that are not allowed, such as in the card name "The Outcasts' Refuge".

Some of your card names have extra spaces, such as " Planetary Expansion". Leading and trailing spaces in cells should be deleted. You can do a batch replace of any permutation where a space is adjacent to a tab or new line character.

Your card image files you include should all be the same dimensions as your card back.jpg. Yours are not.

You have a Sound column in your card data file, yet it is blank and you also don't include a "ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt" file. It seems that you didn't intentionally add this column and that you don't seem to understand it's special meaning and usage.

With the changes mentioned above, things seem to work as intended.

You seem to be using the column names as if your game were magic cards. That isn't an error per se, but I don't think those column names apply to your CCG.

Ripplez

i adjusted everything as you said and it worked, the plugin now loads :) but now none of the cards load, its just empty. the player stats and game zones and stuff load so i figured maybe it was because of some mistake with the sets file. but i tried it with cttc1.tsv as well as .txt (adjusting the setsfile accordingly) but it doesnt seem to help. i thought maybe the format changed and i dont need the setslist file (its not there in the new tutorial) but it didnt make a difference either. here is my plugin :

http://speedy.sh/gW58M/Conflict-Through-The-Cosmos.rar

at least it can be opened now :) thanks for the help so far, would it be too much to ask for some more?

Trevor

setlist.txt is not used in the new plugin format.

If you don't see your cards in the deck editor, it means there is not a valid deck file in the sets folder.

I don't know what text file editor you have, but you have junk characters in your card data file.
Your card data file begins with "Name", which is incorrect.

Ripplez

nevermind the problem was because of changing it around with excel and converting from tsv to .txt in the stupidest way imaginable + not exporting it properly from mse

i got it working now :D thanks alot!