News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Revive Mechanic

Started by yudencow, February 25, 2012, 12:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yudencow

Every turn, you can revive a unit from the graveyard for its cost +2 resources. It is summonned double-tapped (it can only be used in 2 turns).

Players earn each turn the same smount of resources.

There is no limit how many times you can pick a certain card (it can be summoned, die, revive, die, revive and so on).

In my game, you can target directly all units.

Pros:
Combo decks are getting more useful.
The extra cost and the double tapping balance it.

Should I go with this mechanic and should I change it?

yudencow

I changed it to a single tap.

Ripplez

you can go with whatever you want as long as you appropriately balance it. its just that doing so is generally non-trivial

first thing, combo decks are generally solitaire in how their pieces work. at least in the traditional sense. while they should be in the game (in my opinion) if for no other reason than the variety, alot of people dislike the fact that it can very easily feel removed from the game : not much interaction takes place between the comboer and the enemy.

anyway, about the mechanic itself, simply raising costs and double tapping might not be enough to balance it. your missing the fact that it has unlimited casts. it also apparently targets any creature. this means that any strong monster you can bring out has the potential to be used against you, which might encite responses of "play better, dont play creatures you cant support" but any removal can turn your monster against you. which can feel like your being punished for playing strong and/or interesting cards.

if the resources are limited and fixed it might be fine. but it also might not be. but i advise looking over your game and seeing what the effect of unlimited revival would actually have : things like monster : spell ratios, whether or not people will play creatures with low/medium costs and rely on these over playing higher monster cards that could betray them later, whether or not come into play effects will have to be gutted, that sort of thing

i wont say it cant work. but it is not trivial to account for

yudencow

From your comment there were stuff I forgot to mention:

You can only revive 1 card per turn.
You can revive from your graveyard alone.
You only tap once, I changed it.