News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

System Down: The Customisable Hacker Card Game!

Started by 3XXXDDD, March 01, 2012, 04:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3XXXDDD

Nah, I'll get a few names up and have some people vote on them. Should focus on play testing for now.

3XXXDDD

Well, I just drew a few quick hands. The whole Alpha/Beta/Pilot tests are way too good, even with just a test hand.

Dabem

Yep.  ;)

I was thinking about something as I was making the cards. I realized due to the nature of the costs in the game any Anti-Viruses with awesome abilities need to remain low valued to keep their 'cost to play' high. I don't know what to do with alpha beta and pilot tests though. Some cards with searching synergy is nice, but that's clearly too powerful at the moment because it chains. One way to make it less powerful is you have to discard, or move each iteration to the archive after searching and playing the next one.
i.e.:
Alpha Test
Anti-Virus/Updater
+1
You may pay an 1 RAM and archive this card to search your deck for "Beta Test? and put it into play.

3XXXDDD

Now that's actually a decent idea.

And yeah, I was using it and it like chained thanks to Pilots test.

So yeah, eye out for anything that will make ram too easy to accumulate.

Dabem

Finally finished the cardback image!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

3XXXDDD

Interesting, shouldn't the image look a bit more centered though? The bottom looks a bit..plain.

In other thoughts, I think I'm either going to need to re-introduce a Sorcery Speed card or curve my current Data Input cards effects.

Maybe even take it to the extreme and take out Input Cards out of the equation entirely. Though that would make most of the RAM Cost idea null.

Dabem

not exactly the reaction I was hoping for. I'll work on it again.

I didn't center it because I like the way it looks off center better, but I'll go ahead and center it too. There were some other things i wanted to toy around with.

Edit: Gah. I'm out of town right now so I'm working on my secondary computer. It works fine, i just left a lot of the things I need to do this right on the other computer. If I come up with anything cool I'll let you know. I doubt I'll make anything better than that before Monday though.

Dabem

Well although I'm missing a few tools I think i came up with something you'll like better. It's a tad more bright and vibrant and the power image is centered.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Cyrus

Dabem

Thank you Cyrus! Much appreciated!

So in my initial card draws my hands turned out fine. I did have a lot of anti-viruses; 18 in fact, and 16 of them had 3 RAM. I had 10 input cards and 12 viruses.

I didn't have any trouble with RAM just a bit of trouble getting out the viruses when I needed them.

Dabem

Well, it's been 10 days since you last commented on this 3XXXDDD. Does that mean your interest has waned? Are you play testing this on the side with a local group?

I don't want to see this game fall apart.

3XXXDDD

Looking for some play testers, I kind of had to take bit of break lest I burned out. It's in my mind, still plenty of things to fix with it.

Dabem

OK. That makes sense. We hammered through a ton of stuff very quickly.

My recommendation is make some more positive ram cards to replace alpha beta and pilot test.
With a deck that is at least 45% positive ram cards I had no problem with having enough RAM but I didn't necessarily get the viruses that quickly.

3XXXDDD

I'm kind of looking to test the game in formats such as this:

Formats
Format 1
Deck: 30
Individual Card Limit: 3
Hand Size: 5
Life: 5 or 10

Format 2
Deck: 40
Individual Card Limit: 3 or 4
Hand Size: 5 or 7
Life: 5 or 10 or 15 or 20

Format 3
Deck: 50
Individual Card Limit: 4
Hand Size: 5 or 7
Life: 10 or 15 or 20

To help better define the best flow the game could have.

Dabem

Oh this came up when trying to test this myself. How many cards would you draw per turn?