News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

System Down: The Customisable Hacker Card Game!

Started by 3XXXDDD, March 01, 2012, 04:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickyinprogress

Super amazing! I would play this alright :D

Card style is superb, I'd love to get my hands on editing in one day, though with this schedule and my own CCG that's pretty much impossible. I'll follow this though.

Typherion

I've been following this thread a little bit and just noticed a cool free font that you might be interested in for this game. It's called Heavy Data: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Heavy-Data

3XXXDDD

That's not bad. I also found "System" in paint which could be cool.

Though whats with the 5+6 combo?

Typherion

Pretty sure that's just a mistake with the display rather than how the font looks.

Dabem

Thanks for the font suggestions. I'm always on the lookout for cool fonts.

3XXXDDD

This game needs quite the revamp. As it stands, it isn't anything much more than M:TG with a fancy dynamic resource system.

In saying that though, I feel that the card design will still be suitable for whatever I could morph this into.

I also love the idea of healing your Opponent to activate effects, it's kind of the closest I can come to the idea of hackers being found out in hacking.

I need more new kind of stuff like that.

3XXXDDD

Any ideas on how to create a way for a losing player to make a come back?

So far I was thinking of a mechanic similar to Vanguards counter-blast (flip damage you've taken to pay for effects).

This is also part of the win condition deck out idea. When a player takes damage, an equal number of cards would come off from the top of their deck to an "Infected Zone". Then a player may pay a cost by moving X Number of Infected Cards to their RFP Area.

Though I feel that just might be a bit too similar to Vanguard.

As for the Deck-Out idea, I'm liking it considering this is a hacker themed game, it makes sense to damage players via the corrupting of their files throwing off their "Computers System" (in functional terms "Deck Strategy").

Dabem

I thought we had explored this idea with the system cards before. I liked it then too.

The deck-out actually makes sense thematically. You're trying to destroy your opponent's resources with a DoS style attack. Perhaps rather than the 'system' cards there could be 'script' cards. These cards allow the damaged player to do something with their damage, but it requires that they delete some of their corrupted files.

All art builds upon the influences most liked by their artists. Don't worry about what's been done, just focus on what you want to do.

Kosmosis|Omegan

Perhaps a DM mechanic when loosing itself actually helps you.

As in, a player with 1 health left (whatever we define as health) is actually at his strongest. For example, and this is just free-styling, if we're using milling to symbolize DDos attacks and the like, perhaps all damage is done via drawing cards?

3XXXDDD

Quote from: Kosmosis|Omegan on July 18, 2012, 02:19:33 PM
Perhaps a DM mechanic when loosing itself actually helps you.

As in, a player with 1 health left (whatever we define as health) is actually at his strongest. For example, and this is just free-styling, if we're using milling to symbolize DDos attacks and the like, perhaps all damage is done via drawing cards?

o.O

I came, I saw & I fell in love with this Idea.

How would it work flavour-wise though? (I'm not the most authoritative source on computer things XD)

It may not work drawing a number of cards equal to the damage you took but maybe 1 per virus that hit and the rest go or each hit, you can swap up to a number of cards from your hand for the same number of cards from that pile.

Also DM?

Quote from: Dabem on July 18, 2012, 01:39:28 PM
I thought we had explored this idea with the system cards before. I liked it then too.

The deck-out actually makes sense thematically. You're trying to destroy your opponent's resources with a DoS style attack. Perhaps rather than the 'system' cards there could be 'script' cards. These cards allow the damaged player to do something with their damage, but it requires that they delete some of their corrupted files.

All art builds upon the influences most liked by their artists. Don't worry about what's been done, just focus on what you want to do.

System Cards were all sort of clunky.

3XXXDDD

Okay, so taking Cosmosis's idea I've got it.

You take damage, you reveal the top next X Cards where X is the amount of damage you took. So these are your files being infected but you become aware of that via security alerts, so a little bit too late and so you can only save 1 file out of the X. So you add that 1 Card when the rest of the files goes to one of those More-than-RFP'ed zone.

Dabem

Works for me.

An added consequence of having decking as the win condition anytime you draw a card it'll be like taking damage. Granted it will be much slower, it'll be like taking 1pt of damage when you have 40 total. You may want to introduce mechanics that allow you to avoid drawing, or shuffle things back into the deck. All deck manipulation cards should be significantly more expensive then they are in other games, since moving cards back into the deck is like gaining health in addition to having a card you need.

3XXXDDD

Well, what if you were to use an Input card that would go to a temporary zone for the turn and all of those inputs in that zone get shuffled back into the deck at the end phase?

Destroyed cards however go to the recycle bin.

3XXXDDD

Quote from: 3XXXDDD on July 19, 2012, 04:34:07 AM
Well, what if you were to use an Input card that would go to a temporary zone for the turn and all of those inputs in that zone get shuffled back into the deck at the end phase?

Destroyed cards however go to the recycle bin.

Hmm this might create a problem when you get down to the few last cards and get access to more powerful input cards over and over and over again.

Though considering by that time your basically on your last breath, it could be allowed to help emphasis it as a Player comeback mechanic.

Kosmosis|Omegan

Glad you like it. See, I told you we shoudl collab.  ;D

The "more than RFP'd zone" should be called the Damage Zone, or Infected Zone if we're being more flavorful.