[UPDATE] Eldritch Moon added to Magic plugin

Started by AuraDragon, July 16, 2016, 02:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuraDragon

Please report any problems with the EMN set here.

I am not Bort, and I do not represent Bort.

Have fun!

Notes:

• The back of double-faced cards are in the deck editor, but do not put them in your deck, they are just so you have a handy-dandy way if seeing them.  ;P 
  • Try not to fight and cause drama, it's just a card game...
13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13

Axel

melds can use some work of some sort Snoogy as the way you currently have them, when you transform them, it only does half of the meld side and it comes in as the card would be sideways. Really awkward looking for everything.

Axel

Also Homunculuke wants to get in contact with you to try and assist with the plugin he says in some forms so try to catch em on Lackey sometime and trade messages

AuraDragon

AwxAngel

"The back of double-faced cards are in the deck editor, but do not put them in your deck, they are just so you have a handy-dandy way if seeing them"

This is not so much a "bug" or problem as a preference thing.

But double faced cards used to be in the game as actual double faced cards (the images files in the set data were: for example, 123a,123b instead of 123a), so that pressing ctrl and left clicking a card that was on the table would flip it onto its back. This also made it easy in the deck editor to double click the image and view the reverse side.

I'm wondering what caused this to change to the "spawn card" method which seems like a lot more work. I went through and changed some myself (simply finding the card in set info, e.g. Jace, Vryn's Prodigy (Jace, Telepath Unbound) and changing 60a to 60a,60b).

However the updates undo all of this work and the spawn card method just seems strange to choose when lackey already supports a simple double sided method. The "two images to one card" method does not cause problems with cards in hidden zones and so has no disadvantage I can see, but is much simpler to use (control click, without having to spawn and delete a transformed card)

That said, I understand if it's not something you want to (or have the power to, as you said you are not the moderator of this plugin) do.

AuraDragon

Hello!

Older double faced cards (DFCs) used the 123a,123b technique to represent the backside of the card.  But that method has it's own drawbacks:
  -You can't activate the scripts of the card when it's backside is up.
  -It clashes with the Manifest effect KTK, as it will be manifested with the backside visible.

In actual Magic: the Gathering, the card is instead represented by a checklist that is swapped out for the DFC when it enters the field.  For this reason, I opted to make the front-side of the DFCs spawn the backside as a token to properly get around both of those drawbacks.

HOWEVER

I know there are people who prefer the old method - as wrong as it was (especially since it was easier to check the card out in the deck editor) - so I included that method in the latest sets that use DFCs.  Magic Origins is not a latest set, and hasn't been updated to include both methods.

Additionally:  Since Bort has went his own way, I am the sole maintainer of the Magic plugin.