I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 03-08-12. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, March 08, 2012, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

http://lackeyccg.com/changelog.html

I made a number of improvements to make things more intuitive especially to new users.

Several areas can be collapsed. The right area, the canned messages, and the table view controls all start collapsed.

I added a start up message that tells people about tooltips and links them to the tutorial page.

I removed a number of redundant (or mostly redundant) functions.

I added tooltips to most interface items. I am sure I made some typos, but I am unaware them. Let me know about them.

I changed the default skin to make it a little easier to read.

Added launch commands. You can put log commands in a file called StartUpLogCommands.txt that goes in your secure folder. When LackeyCCG launches, it will execute these commands, which can include stuff like /serverconnect or any other valid log command.

Fixed a bug that would cause cards to give superfluous messages of "<playername> makes <cardname> face up.".

I will be posting another Lackey hopefully soon with some other fixes and changes.

Trevor

Found a minor bug already.
If you have a tooltip open, and you toggle tooltips off, the tooltip you had open remains open. Fixed it since I posted lackey, but its still broken in yours. Until I post a new one, turn tooltips on, and then turn them off while no tooltip is active.

InShaneee

In MagiNation, there's a card called "Ummm...NO!", which I know for a fact was working in older version of Lackey. However, presently, the deck editor displays the card as "UmmmNO!" (with the ellipsis removed) in both the card title and the card description, and this causes issues if you attempt to play a deck containing this card. This was passed along to me on Feb 11th, but I've confirmed the issue in the most recent version.

Trevor

Quote from: InShaneee on March 08, 2012, 07:22:35 PM
In MagiNation, there's a card called "Ummm...NO!", which I know for a fact was working in older version of Lackey. However, presently, the deck editor displays the card as "UmmmNO!" (with the ellipsis removed) in both the card title and the card description, and this causes issues if you attempt to play a deck containing this card. This was passed along to me on Feb 11th, but I've confirmed the issue in the most recent version.
This is not a lackey bug. There is an error with the plugin. The card data file lists that card as
"Ummm?NO!"
and that includes the quotes, which it shouldn't have.

The plugin is also in an old outdated plugin format and it should be updated. I don't know who maintains that plugin, but they should be contacted.

Johnny Blaze

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on March 08, 2012, 07:40:19 PM
Just updated, Lackey STILL  wont load any plugin but Magic
This is almost certainly a case of user error. Talk to me on Skype (trevoragnitti) or aim(Lykos4) and I can help you troubleshoot.

bufzar

I notice the mac version was updated, but when i download a new one, it still says it needs to be updated. Their doesn't seem to be an update application for the mac one, so im curious as to what the problem is.

Trevor

Quote from: bufzar on March 08, 2012, 10:03:23 PM
I notice the mac version was updated, but when i download a new one, it still says it needs to be updated. Their doesn't seem to be an update application for the mac one, so im curious as to what the problem is.
I just downloaded and confirmed that the mac version online is the correct one. You can tell because it says 3/9/12 as the build date at the top.
You are probably either running Lackey from an old folder and not the one you downloaded, or you were downloading from your internet cache and not downloading what is actually online.

institute

The tooltips are very irritating. I have tried turning them off and following your bug instructions above but they keep appearing whenever I click on something. Is there a way too turn them off completely? I also think they are also overly wordy but that might just be me.

Trevor

Quote from: institute on March 09, 2012, 10:15:12 AM
The tooltips are very irritating. I have tried turning them off and following your bug instructions above but they keep appearing whenever I click on something. Is there a way too turn them off completely? I also think they are also overly wordy but that might just be me.
Wait until the next version and let me know if you still can't disable them.

As far as "overly wordy", do you have any specific examples?

institute

One example is the tooltip for the game list window. It is a large paragraph of text. Usually tooltips are a brief phrase or a one line sentence at most. Again, it might just be my design taste.

Nava

Mac version: The Horizontal Scroll button does not work in the Game area (just above the Log)

innuendo

weird functionality.

Ctrl + right click a button in the UI puts the button's text on your cursor and I haven't found a way to clear it.

Probably not intended functionality :)

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on March 09, 2012, 06:20:12 PM
weird functionality.

Ctrl + right click a button in the UI puts the button's text on your cursor and I haven't found a way to clear it.

Probably not intended functionality :)
Read the tooltip of those function buttons.

x2brute

i found a bug/inconvenience. this doesn't work with Dvorak keyboards, no matter what i set the os language to it types in qwerty. please fix this