News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help needed. Cards with Unique Card Back

Started by Orange-kun, March 11, 2012, 03:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange-kun

I'm working on a plugin for Duel Masters and the problem I'm encountering is related to cards with a unique card back.

Those cards are such that when you flip them, their name changes too, i.e upside and downside of card have different names, and different abilities, etc.

From the plugin creation tutorial, I found out how to make the card have 2 different images. But the thing about 2 different names and rules text confuses me. I could code the name in database as "Name1 // Name2" and rules text as "RulesText1 // RulesText2" but that would still be rather messy. Is there an alternative?

Trevor

Quote from: Orange-kun on March 11, 2012, 03:03:12 PM
I'm working on a plugin for Duel Masters and the problem I'm encountering is related to cards with a unique card back.

Those cards are such that when you flip them, their name changes too, i.e upside and downside of card have different names, and different abilities, etc.

From the plugin creation tutorial, I found out how to make the card have 2 different images. But the thing about 2 different names and rules text confuses me. I could code the name in database as "Name1 // Name2" and rules text as "RulesText1 // RulesText2" but that would still be rather messy. Is there an alternative?
A name is a unique identifier.  You can either just use one name and have the alternate name appear in the text, or make a single name that combines both.

THe names and rules text don't matter much. People mostly use the card image. Actual card text is only really used in the deck editor.

Orange-kun

I suppose I'll have to use a name that combines both as in "Name1 // Name2" 'cause I can't really use card images here. Full DuelMasters is 43 sets (All in Japanese). WotC stopped releasing at set 12. So a lot of ocg players depend upon the translations rather than images. Although, eventually we end up memorising most cards by their images after playing a lot of games.