Deck slots for cards on the field at the start of game?

Started by masterage, March 13, 2012, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterage

I'm trying to make a plugin that allows for two "representatives" that exist outside of the deck. They are supposed to exist on the field before the players even draw.

Now, is there a way to automate this using the deck editor? like SLOT_1 in a certain spot and SLOT_2 in a spot beside it, or do I have to go the "Search deck at beginning of game" route?

innuendo

I have this in my game and I have a 2nd super zone just for those cards.

So a deck in my game is 50 cards + 1 "city" card that starts in play. And there are 2 super zones: deck and city.

When you start a new game in lackey, just have players drag the city card to the tabletop.

masterage

Quote from: innuendo on March 13, 2012, 06:08:43 PM
I have this in my game and I have a 2nd super zone just for those cards.

So a deck in my game is 50 cards + 1 "city" card that starts in play. And there are 2 super zones: deck and city.

When you start a new game in lackey, just have players drag the city card to the tabletop.

I was more wondering if there was a way to automate something like that. Like an instruction that looks at SLOT_1 in the deck editor and places it at (x,y) without it ever even considering putting it into the deck itself.

And if there is no function like that, make a feature request for it. Obviously my game wouldn't be the only one to benefit from it...

innuendo

You can save game starts, but that is only specific cards I believe, not pulled from the decks

Correct me if i'm wrong someone.

Trevor

Quote from: masterage on March 13, 2012, 05:58:50 PM
I'm trying to make a plugin that allows for two "representatives" that exist outside of the deck. They are supposed to exist on the field before the players even draw.

Now, is there a way to automate this using the deck editor? like SLOT_1 in a certain spot and SLOT_2 in a spot beside it, or do I have to go the "Search deck at beginning of game" route?
You are supposed to use a deck zone for this so you don't need to search them at the start of the game. The cards are not automatically sent to the table. You need to drag them where you want them after loading the deck.

masterage