News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Chosen CCG - A game of hero vs hero combat

Started by Typherion, April 10, 2012, 02:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typherion

Could anyone give me some feedback on the layout of the card template?

Just so you know, the red frame of the card represents that this card is an Attack.
The yellow orbs on the left are the Energy Cost, representing a cost of 3 energy.
The orb on the right is the Mage class icon, representing this attack is restricted to the Mage class.

I know that white rule text is not ideal, but I don't really want a light coloured text box either  :(

Specifically, is it better to have the card name on top or below? Any other comments are also welcomed.

Note that images used for this template belong to World of Warcraft and Diablo3 and are only used here to illustrate the theme.

nickyinprogress

First,
Is the red frame the ONLY thing that's gonna represent that it's an attack? I hope not, it's super thin. The name frame is probably gonna change color too, right?

Second,
Yellow orbs look nice and contrasts the card, though I see that they're chained to the name box. I'll address this later.

Third,
The Mage class icon looks either too small or hard to identify. I can't see right away that it's a Mage.

Fourth,
Nothing wrong with white text imo

Fifth and most importantly,
I'd prefer the name to be on top, like the left example.
HOWEVER, I like the yellow orbs to hang lower, like the right example.
Because of this conflict, if you can't mix the two elements together, then I prefer the right one, with the name on the bottom.

gwago

Nice template, although the name font screams Diablo. Not that that's necessarily bad.

I too prefer the right one. The hanging things are cool.

Typherion

Although I also liked the right example a little more, in the end I think it's more important to have the card name at the top so you can see easily identify what cards you have in your hand when you're holding them.

These are the different colours for each of the card types. I made the orbs hang a bit lower as was suggested and I think it does look better this way. Also changed the spelling of "defence" to "defense" because I'm getting too used to American English  :P

Maybe I need to try and make a card game based on Diablo since I have this template now...